Reply to Thread

Thread: How to use money

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

How to use money

Hi all,

I´m on level 19 and have saved all my money.
    Now I´m thinking of using some for upgradeing a hardwood sawmill, maybe buy some hardwood and marble (since my production speed is really slow) and use for upgrades on farms, millers and the bakery for setllers and soldiers.

How do you think I should spend my money?
    Should I wait and use them on marble masons? Other?

Many thanks!

World
    Sandycove
    to be honest the choice would be yours
    personally i would upgrade what you need the most 1st but if bakers remember do the 4 farms and 2 mills 1st before you upgrade a baker so everything will still work efficiently im level 47 and i did what i needed the most 1st i still have alot of upgrades to do on all my farms ect but as i needed coal the most to keep up with all my smelters and weapons production, i did the 2 pwl cutters and 3 foresters and 2 cokers all at same time all through so my cokers all got to level 5 then i upgraded smelters and weapons atferwards

so best advice is see when you need most and work your way up through the production line that way then everything will still work as it go's but remember while things upgrade they dont produce for that amount of time

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    You will need loads of both marble and hardwood, so upgrading that production is really worthwhile.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    That´s what I´m thinking too...with marble and hardwood I can upgrade all my basic buildings to level 3 something. And the marble and hardwood cost coins...

World
    Newfoundland
    I'd say do your marble and hardwood first, but don't forget that you need to upgrade all your hardwood production chain, not just the sawmills.
    It's not my fault that I never learned to take responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    The Germans have 3x gem happy hour..... we have an Alpaca!

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    Keep saving and clear your island for all the building licences. Marble production and hardwood are very important and profitable for those rebuilding gold mines all the time. Invest in 3 explorers and geologists too.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Thanks, about that geologist. I´m saving gems for the Jolly one. Seems like a good investment.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Well done saving. You needn't spend your hard won Coins on HWP and Marble in the T.O., you can always Offer: 'something you have' for Cost: 'something you need' (HWP or Marble or anything.) When you make a reasonable offer you're much more likely to get a better deal than scrolling through offers made by others who have the same thing in mind.

I'll agree with all of the comments above and add I wish I'd bought my second Explorer earlier, when you keep him busy seeking treasure he pays for himself and when you do start Adventure hunts at 26 the first and shortest one takes a day.

Just so you know you can hire three Explorers from the Tavern, the 2nd is 800 GC and the 3rd is 1600 GC, and three Geos, the 2nd is 300 GC, and the 3rd 600. Personally I'd keep saving gems until I had 625 and enough for a ten pack of Building Licenses, the Jolly Geo is great but until you find yourself waiting for the Geo to come home more often than finding him/them idle the Jolly is something of a luxury.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 07.03.13 at 01:21.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    My opinion is that early coins are best used to hardwood chain upgrades (cutters, forresters and sawmills) and marble upgrades. When you have those productions in order you get enough hardwood planks and marble to upgrade your basic productions (pinewood, bronze, bronze swords, tools, farms, breweries, mills, bakeries, etc) to level 3 so that really helps you in the long run.

Reply to Thread