Reply to Thread

Thread: [Feedback] Load Test on Friday May 24th

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer BB_Dantesama's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove

[Feedback] Load Test on Friday May 24th

You can see the thread here.

Please comment below.
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Rules and Code of Conduct ¤¤¤ Beginner's Guide ¤¤¤ Important Links ¤¤¤ Help/Support & FAQ

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Hey BB_Dantesama, please could you confirm the times, as BST is GMT+1

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Oh dear Lord, no!
    If you'd seen the state of the test server recently, the last thing you'd want to do is import these new bugs into the Live servers.
    Dr No-Bug is still oblivious to all the reports of bugs and things failing, for pity's sake spend some time fixing the current bugs before you even consider adding anything else.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Nogbad, a lot of the problem did seemt to be resolved in a recent update. I gave up on it for a few days, then went back and it seems more stable.

I still don't think it's finished, mind you, and some of the things which are claimed to be features and not bugs are very strange indeed and I can't begin to think WHY they would want it to work the way it does, but I don't think it's as broken as it was when it first started.

Also, the most important feedback I can give is: IT MUST BE BETTER DOCUMENTED! Things work in really strange ways and people need to be told that.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    I've already given feedback on why the science system won't be good for the game. Can't see how getting the servers to struggle with as many people as possible will help anything, as many of the bugs are already only occurring due to lag.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    Rewards for stress test participation? First terrible rewards for crisis quest, now no rewards for stress testing? Is BB's virtual reward making machine broken or are times tough??

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    Rewards for stress test participation? First terrible rewards for crisis quest, now no rewards for stress testing? Is BB's virtual reward making machine broken or are times tough??
    They will probably reward everyone as they did last time. If they just reward those who succeed in logging on, they get complaints from those who tried but couldn't get in. If they really want to just reward test players, then the testing system needs to be more formalised then these simple volume tests.

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer BB_Dantesama's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by toastkid View Post
    Hey BB_Dantesama, please could you confirm the times, as BST is GMT+1
    My apologies; been fixed GMT + 1 indeed. (British summer time)
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Rules and Code of Conduct ¤¤¤ Beginner's Guide ¤¤¤ Important Links ¤¤¤ Help/Support & FAQ

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerontius View Post
    Nogbad, a lot of the problem did seemt to be resolved in a recent update. I gave up on it for a few days, then went back and it seems more stable.

I still don't think it's finished, mind you, and some of the things which are claimed to be features and not bugs are very strange indeed and I can't begin to think WHY they would want it to work the way it does, but I don't think it's as broken as it was when it first started.

Also, the most important feedback I can give is: IT MUST BE BETTER DOCUMENTED! Things work in really strange ways and people need to be told that.
    Unfortunately, the much older bugs we reported last year are still there and appear to be breeding with some of the new ones to produce some spectacular (NOT) results!
    The Test server pretty much became pointless when bug reports started being ignored, and even worse these then went Live despite the warnings.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Am I correct in assuming that no rewards are being given for the last load tests btw? If so, I'm afraid I will not partake in future load tests on principal. A 3x buff or packed wheatfield etc. each surely isn't too much to ask in return for a team of 4000 free testers?

Reply to Thread