Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: saltpeter as perseverative to make longer buff

World
    Sandycove

saltpeter as perseverative to make longer buff

This suggestion I have seen somewhere but haven’t heard from it again and not sure is it been answer from BB?
    I really like this idea so I bring it UP AGAIN

According to my research, saltpeter also know as Potassium nitrate is a chemical compound with the formula KNO3. It can be use as gunpowder but aslo can use as food additive which added to food to preserve flavor or enhance its taste and appearance

So my suggestion is making a buff that last longer with saltpeter

New buff: Family feast (any other name can be suggest here)
    Resources need: 200 fish + 100 bread + 40 sausage + 20 saltpeter
    For (x25) 5000 fish + 2500 bread + 1000 sausage + 500 saltpeter

This buff can be produced in the Provision house

Effect: This item buffs up production for 10 hours by x2.

From other guilde member Incontinentius and cookingfat suggest that saltpeter can be use as fertilizer and need better use for it so

special buff: wheat fertilizer
    Resources need: 240fish + 120bread + 40 sausage + 40 saltpeter +40 exotic wood

For (x25) 10000fish + 5000bread + 2000sausage + 1000saltpeter +1000 exotic wood
    This buff can be produced in the Provision house

Effect: This item buffs up farm production for 6 hours by x3
    Last edited by Duong_TonThat; 29.05.13 at 20:29.
    DT

Flesh Eating Mushroom Keen Commentor SwampHen's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Love these ideas, Duong_TonThat!

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    The cost and benefit of your fertilizer need some thought. You've priced it worth 2 irmas, added with some expert materials. Yet the output is the same (6hx2 vs. 6h + 6h) and can only be used on a farm, hardly the most profitable building to buff? If you argue that because it's a triple buff, it will save more licenses, then it would imply that someone can and will constantly buff their farms. 20 farms (not an awful lot for someone high enough to have a substantial excess of saltpeter) twice a day with that buff would mean the consumption of 20x40x2= 1600 saltpeter daily. Hardly realistic to upkeep an income of 1600 salt on a daily basis. The 1600 ewl doesn't sound nice either even though achieving it is more realistic.

The 10 hour buff is better and i like it. for my personal preference, 9h would sound more manageable. Irmas for nights and these buffs for the day would have the island buffed all day round, with 45 minutes of margin after each buff fades. This margin is needed when looking for a buff swap and applying the new ones. The 10 hour buff would mathematically provide a seamless 24h coverage when accompanied with a swapped irma. However, as in reality applying new buffs will consume some time, and it may be that you can't reach a guildie or a friend on the minute the buffs fade, the timing gets messed up. If you swapped the buffs before going to work on a Tuesday, on Wednesday morning you'll notice that the buffs won't fade before you need to leave! With buffing, I'm all for routine, so a little time in between buffs so that they can be applied the same time every day is important.

World
    Newfoundland
    dont know about turning salt to buff, but think BB should think of something to make this , and other expert components not totally useless (wheels, carts etc) as all know these resorces are currently worth as much as water, but 1000x more expensive to create (producing cannons, damascenes, crossbows is useless).

either create another use for them, add more quests requiring them, or reduce the amounts consumed by these expert buildings, or a mix of the previous.. or something, as it stands i wouldnt mind at all have saltpetre loots on drop chances replaced whit a nice, round 0, its whats it worth for me, and im guessing not only me x)

♥♥♥ Thank You BB_Ravel and Dantesama! ♥♥♥

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Interesting idea. Higher buffs would be good

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Whilst having the ability to make higher level buffs in the provisions house may sound like a good idea, it would make the gem bought buffs meaningless.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD_Daz View Post
    Whilst having the ability to make higher level buffs in the provisions house may sound like a good idea, it would make the gem bought buffs meaningless.
    anyone actually uses gems for buffs?

♥♥♥ Thank You BB_Ravel and Dantesama! ♥♥♥

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by IMarduk View Post
    anyone actually uses gems for buffs?
    That's not the point

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD_Daz View Post
    Effect: This item buffs up farm production for 6 hours by x3
    It's only working on the farm. Player don''t use gem buff on the farm.

The other buff is longer, so i don't see they will effect anything on gem buff
    DT

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by King-Fero View Post
    The cost and benefit of your fertilizer need some thought. You've priced it worth 2 irmas, added with some expert materials. Yet the output is the same (6hx2 vs. 6h + 6h) and can only be used on a farm, hardly the most profitable building to buff? If you argue that because it's a triple buff, it will save more licenses, then it would imply that someone can and will constantly buff their farms.
    Thanks for the advice, and yet output is same as 2 basket with same cost of fish bread and sausage with extra ingredient. but my point is not to save licenses, more about saving time

Saving time: mean increase the output at a short time will give u advance that u can can build more mill or stable by using this buff.
    Last edited by Duong_TonThat; 31.05.13 at 15:52.
    DT

Reply to Thread