Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Bookbinder Queue

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dappadon View Post
    I don't see any advantage to this what so ever, Would be a great suggestion for all those who play say 1 or 2 times a week, not so great for all the daily players.

So i fail to see why a player who logs in every day to make books benefits, I only see this as a benefit to low activity players who can log in once per week and make a weeks worth of book

Maybe a fair compromise would be allowing an addition slot to the book binder if you have premium like with the building Que.
    I've logged in everyday for 2 years and just can't be bothered to make the books, why not have a queue? How can you argue we don't need one? Do you really like constantly clicking? Why not remove all queues if that’s your argument? Lets log in 1000x a day just to make 1 troop at a time!

And what difference would it make to you if others want a queue? You can still make one book at a time if you want, I never use glue so none of your arguments make any difference to me, if there's no queue I simply won't make any books, and I bet I'm more active that you as I have an account on all five english speaking servers
    Last edited by Steve1077; 02.06.14 at 16:45.

World
    Newfoundland
    I have briefly read these comments, I think the bookbinder queue is still a good idea, I say still because its not a new idea.

I would describe my self as very active (but I do still have a job and go out to socialize, don't neglect my home or anything) It would be very useful to me and from what I've read over the past few months the majority of the Eu forum users agree on this too.

The above poster mentioned about it ending in the middle of the night, I believe he meant the book ending not the buff. At times my books end in the middle of the night, A queue would fix this for me making any glue a lot more efficient.

I think game designers have a responsibility to find a good balance of game time, and offline time, The western world is already facing obesity problems encouraging the player base to be online 18 hours a day for that last deposit or bookbinder etc etc is nothing short of disgraceful. I believe the anno online setup is much superior in comparison with the daily time sink required to tso. The settlers team should be taking note of Anno's dev team and follow the example being set, There are far to many timers ticking here. I believe it is in their interest to try and cap the hourly sink needed, A healthy player base is a happy player base. If we are being totally honest here, I personally think geos/deposits need changing drastically they don't promote a healthy balance.

I do agree that having a queue like the barracks is ridiculous, But having a queue of 1-2 books is perfectly fine. Would allow peeps a little breathing space, between working, sleeping, going out etc.

Lets not forget its probably the people who do have jobs that spend the most money on TSO, not the 15/20 hour a day welfare peeps.
    Last edited by Brayarg; 02.06.14 at 21:38.

World
    Newfoundland
    I actually just altered it as I didn't want it to appear I was directing it at you specifically , As that was not my intention. As for how long you personally spend online, I couldn't care a less.

If you don't agree with any suggestion, That is fine, you perfectly with in your rights to have an opinion, Just like others are entitled to theirs. I have posted mine, End of.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Why is it ridiculous having a queue of 25? I just can't see any problem with that, we can make paper and nibs until they're coming out our ears, so why not be able to make 25 books at a time? Like I said if you don't want to make 25 it's your choice, but why should those of us that want a queue be told it's a ridiculous idea just because you don't like it?

Reply to Thread