Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] 20th Anniversary!

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    what I liked on the event:
    - vouchers were nice and useful
    - after our Alpaca we also got happy day with 3x gems
    - made our server work together and we managed to climb up the rankings even though we were coupled with a newer and less developed server.

what I didn't like:
    - took too long, draining people's time and resources.
    - your server coupling was completely ridiculous as only 1 non german server got to 150% and was impossible from start to any non german server to reach 200%. If you want to create a server COMPETITION, then have the decency of making if fair because everyone knows this was anything but fair. If you just want servers to work hard to try to reach something impossible then have the decency of not showing us that you clearly gave preference to german servers. What's the point in having a cross-server competition where the 9 out of 10 first places belong to the same country ? Make a competition just for your beloved german servers and another to the rest of the world.
    - stacks quantity and balloons going directly to star. This was by far the most annoying part of the event. I play to have fun, not to be like a Ford worker during the last century who did the same tedious and repeating movements every single day. was just ridiculous the minutes someone had to spend to queue the PH for 24 hours.
    - German server got the 3x gems happy hour days before we did, once again, it's clearly ridiculous your preference in helping the servers who were already far ahead of everyone else. [ Removed ]
    - Though the event created some sense of stronger community, it also damaged it. A lot of people worked hard to try to get to 150%, inclusively using expensive resources such as Granite they had stored. This collided with the others who thought water was the best resource available to convert to balloons, being easy to get enough to completely fill the PH as long as you had your entire island covered in wells. Then people started conflicts over who wasn't giving everything he could give to be turned to air.

My general appreciation of the event, I didn't like and I hope you refrain from making another one similar to this nonsense. Make your own stupid events for the Germans and leave the rest of the World out of it. In my opinion, the damage you made to economy with this insane (and secret) resource target, the conflicts created between people and all the tedious time spent converting water to air and then passing 100's of 500 balloons stacks per day from stam menu, wasn't worth it.

Please refrain from making unnecessary comments please,
    peck_ed
    Last edited by peck_ed; 25.07.13 at 07:42.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    The Germans have 3x gem happy hour..... we have an Alpaca!

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    How about not having a server to server competition at all.

It's not going to be fair and will never be. So don't bother to award prizes for the first and the most.

Just have it as a completion goal. If they want to show rankings for 'friendly competition' that's fine. just to see where you stand against another server.

Former Community Team Member Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Hi, all!

I just want you all to know that we're collating all the feedback from this thread (and others related to it) to review. If there are areas we can improve on in future, we would definitely like to do so, so thank you for sharing all your opinions of the 20th Anniversary! Rest assured the posts here are taken seriously by us and will be looked over.

Best,
    BB_Alpaca

World
    Newfoundland
    Is BB forgot send us event rewards?

Former Community Team Member Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by JessieSun View Post
    Is BB forgot send us event rewards?
    No, definitely not. It was stated they will be sent out around the 25th.

Best,
    BB_Alpaca

Wordsmith
    World
    Northisle
    best feedback http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...Balloon-Event-!!

shame for BB team

and why we don't have exactly numbers?

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Imo this event was a bit of a shambles. You've taken the chance to replace last years football event with your 20th anniversary (which is in November by the way!). Like eotw this could've easily been placed between Halloween and xmas! Instead rather than get the chance to get the Friary (only time its available for event resources in the whole year!) we get balloons! Yes I know there's no footy this summer but u could still of run a similar event using footballs again.

Apart from 6 or 7 of those 20 codes the rewards for this were terrible! No wonder half of most servers didn't bother (b4 u moan I did make around 275k balloons). Anyway an incentive is needed to get most ppl involved. The groupings were hardly fair unless your German! I understand there has to be a bit of favouritism but come on, even German server 1 must get bored of no competition! U paired Countries that had no hope! (France, Russia, USA) and kept certain servers apart! (UK server 1,2 and 3 together would've given German 1 a run for their money!)
    In future run the competition between servers from the same Country! Otherwise I doubt many will participate in future events, its no contest atm!

Rewards are important if u want more ppl involved. Apart from settlers hq there was nothing worthwhile. Remember its now 100 gems for a weekly login!! The last crisis went from 500 gems and a watermill/silo to 250 gems and a few medpks! That's poor. Your carrot on the end of the stick needs to be bigger, not smaller!

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    Disappointed with the rewards. After all the effort we put in, we got 2 weeks worth of gems and a HQ that looks cool but is pretty useless.

Why don't you make the HQ do something useful. Reduce training time by 10%, serve as an extra stockpile for weapons and food. Or make it upgradable for these features.
    Upgr 1: stockpile for 15.000 weapons and food
    Upgr 2: reduce training time by 10%
    Upgr 3: reduce losses in combat, 1/3 of your troop MIA makes it back to your island, but they take the scenic route.
    Upgr 4: hey, I have to think of everything myself???

The event was fun, but could have been shorter. The rewards are disappointing, but this can still be fixed.
    Last edited by Wreckless-; 25.07.13 at 14:55.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLurker View Post
    You're missing a key point I'm trying to make - why participate in the event when you know there will be a simple and direct route to convert the resources to coins? We can argue forever about relative conversion values from TO or PH, but having the conversion in PH is a direct encouragement to players to NOT participate in events. This is the first time it has been possible with items like water or pinewood logs being converted and it will have consequences for future events. We all know what it's like - if there's a way to exploit something, then someone will find it and use it. And don't forget balloons went straight to the star menu, which means unlimited storage capacity.

See where I'm going with this?
    Where you're going is nowhere at all. Your argument honestly just isn't coherent. Yes, for you personally it would be better to not donate your balloons, but rather convert them. But then, it'd be much, much better to simply not participate in the event at all.

There was no way to exploit the system. There was not a single resource conversion that would be worth doing.

That said, there's surely an argument to be made that this event has damaged future events. Not because of balloons to gold conversion, but because by far the most efficient thing to have done during this event is nothing at all. If the rewards are so as far out of proportions with the cost as was the case during this event, BB risks the playerbase simply ignoring the next server cooperation event they organize. I'll certainly think long and hard next time, whether I'll want to participate in any meaningful way.

But yeah. The balloon conversion is completely irrelevant.
    EVO is recruiting.
    Players of all levels and experiences welcome. We like to teach.
    Take a look at our recruitment thread, or send me a PM if you're interested.
    Join the evolution today!

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by EctoRune View Post
    Where you're going is nowhere at all. Your argument honestly just isn't coherent. Yes, for you personally it would be better to not donate your balloons, but rather convert them. But then, it'd be much, much better to simply not participate in the event at all.

There was no way to exploit the system. There was not a single resource conversion that would be worth doing.

That said, there's surely an argument to be made that this event has damaged future events. Not because of balloons to gold conversion, but because by far the most efficient thing to have done during this event is nothing at all. If the rewards are so as far out of proportions with the cost as was the case during this event, BB risks the playerbase simply ignoring the next server cooperation event they organize. I'll certainly think long and hard next time, whether I'll want to participate in any meaningful way.

But yeah. The balloon conversion is completely irrelevant.
    I knew you'd get there eventually. You see, your contention that balloon conversion is irrelevant is entirely based on how you play the game and on what you choose to do in TO and so on, while many others play the game and think differently.

Regardless, the upshot of these things, whether you agree with me on balloon conversion or not (and there are plenty that agree with me), is that participation is discouraged for the next event. Why participate when you can exploit the event to sell resources or stockpile those resources to convert after the event? Double whammy disincentive to participate.

Reply to Thread