Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I know you are all angry but!!!!!!!

World
    Sandycove

I know you are all angry but!!!!!!!

I know this will probably get ignored anyway but
    I know you are all angry the Germans got 3x bonus on gems we haven't and probably wont or they will do it when the majority of people wouldn't be able to buy then anyway.
    I also know you are all angry with the situation of the groupings in this event which do look unfair groupings.

However......
    • Did you honestly believe we could beat the Germans in this event??? i knew we couldn't even if they didn't have the gem bonus etc
    • The whole event is about TEAM work... not much going on in the forum that i can see. There is a lot of moaning and kicking off going on but who actually is trying???I know i am doing my best to try get the server rewards
    • Why instead of moaning etc don't we just show them how well we can do even with disadvantages in our way

I am making balloons.
    I will continue to do so.
    So why don't everyone just try their best for the server OK we might not get 200% but we should get 100-150% at least if we all pull together and work as a TEAM

World
    Newfoundland
    Agreed, if we pull our socks up, we can reach 200% and get the same reward all servers bar 2 are able to achieve (the fastest and the most)

I am doing my part as well for Team_Awesome (W1 and W3), I'm sure we can get there!
    Last edited by peck_ed; 05.07.13 at 12:50.
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Just because were angry lulu doesn't mean were not working as a team in game. Were just very annoyed but are still working on the event.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Moaning is not stopping me making balloons. Just saying.

World
    Newfoundland
    Heartily agree,

I do the event not for the glory of coming first or the rewards (although they are nice) but for the sense of being part of a team that had fun achieving a goal and i salute all like minded players for doing as much as they can to help out in whatever way they are able!

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    I am making ballons 24/7 and there is a small group that works toghether all the time on the balloons.

telling us to stop pointing out plain mistakes does not change the unfairness. It also does not change our comitment towards making balloons.

you guys got a much better deal than we did. But we dont give up

World
    Sandycove
    I'm glad you guys like me all still trying hard.
    And no it don't change the unfairness.
    Just saying even with the disadvantages we CAN still all do it if we all work together
    If anything we (as in all 3 UK servers) need more people to take part and show them (BB) even in adversity we can still overcome it and succeed

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    If we reach the targets, we get those rewards anyway, even if it takes the whole of the Event to get there. Probably winning the additional prizes is not going to happen, but we can get the 100%, 150% and 200% prizes. They are within our reach. We are almost at 50% at the time of typing. 100% is possible in another 4 days at this rate, and 200% 8 days after that - approximately 17th July. That should give us a few days before the end of the Event to get over 200%.
    Last edited by Sto_Helit; 05.07.13 at 12:58.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    The issue of contention is that BB promised a fair competition.
    We had an entire phase wholly designed to allow them to 'balance' the competition and give every server (or group of servers) a fair chance.

Why blow smoke over that issue and pretend it didn't happen?
    Why give a lip-service reply rather than trying to rectify the injustice?

Complacently ignoring an insult or injustice just sets you up for more in the future.
    If the imbalance is not addressed during this event, what do you think will occur in all future ones?

I am doing my part in this event. I am not enjoying it though and I am still waiting for a feasible excuse or explanation from BB [ Removed ]

Please try to remain constructive with feedback,
    peck_ed
    Last edited by peck_ed; 05.07.13 at 14:19.
    "Your general was a tortoise!" ... "He will now amble back to his garrison as slow as his short reptilian legs will manage"

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Still going for it, despite the clear disadvantages that have been imposed.
    Please BB, take a very long, hard look at how this was run, and seriously ask yourselves if this was ever a fairly run 'competition'.

Salient points to view are:

The downtime suffered by certain servers in Phase 1, Germany 9 and 10 had less than 3 days to qualify as opposed to 4 days elsewhere.
    This in part lead to some of the following:

The pairings/groupings of servers for Phase2. On the whole, none of these ever made sense, there are several 'power pairings' and quite a few that seem completely handicapped. As an example, just compare the pairings of Germany 4 (known 'quest monsters' in previous events) and Germany 9 (my server) which is an eqivalent age to newfoundland, very active, and again a proven track record in these events. versus Northisle (came 3rd of our local servers in Phase 1) paired with Czech Republic 1, a very young server.
    These just don't stack up, and the tables show this, there is a massive gap between all the German groupings plus Poland 1 and 2, compared to the rest of the world.

Maintenances, yet again the rest of the world got handicapped here. The german servers had their regular maintenance on Monday night, before Phase 2 got under way and after Phase 1 was complete, so no production at all was lost.
    This may have balanced out over time, if we hadn't then seen the UK servers get surprised with 10 minutes notice that our maintenance was a day earlier, with no chance to renew buffs and explorers stuck out in limbo, Provision Houses left idle, quite a kick in the teeth there.
    The French fared even worse than us, with their regular maintenance Tuesday night (again into Phase 2), they were then surprised with an extra 'special' maintenance the following night, utter chaos.
    Seeing as there is a reward for finishing the 100% goal first, everybody else is playing 'catch up', as the unaffected servers will easily reach this goal before they experience a maintenance.
    The Germans did experience some unexpected downtime yesterday, which the Techs worked manfully to resolve quickly, and no doubt that in part, this crash was due to an overload because of the following:

The 300% gem sale. This is completely cynical to time this now, and completely unprecedented. Never has there been such an offer, and it doesn't seem to relate to any 'special occasion', and has given an huge advantage in this competition. The top two Polish servers must be furious at this, they are both now being overhauled by the boosted 'pay to win' teams.
    Sickening manipulation of what was supposed to be a 'fun event'.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Reply to Thread