Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A new start: epic raids, blunder#1

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Gytha_Ogg View Post
    An army of 3000 isn't really that much. I am nowhere near level 50 and have nearly that already. From what I have read the Epic Raids will eat 3000 troops for a starter before the main course.
    So? I don't mind that. What I do mind is that I'm denied the option to use my building licenses (or gold) for other purposes and happily make the necessary troops while the adventure is ongoing. What grates the most is that you are forced to play how BB wants - building your troops in advance, eating population - instead of finding a solution yourself.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
    So? I don't mind that. What I do mind is that I'm denied the option to use my building licenses (or gold) for other purposes and happily make the necessary troops while the adventure is ongoing. What grates the most is that you are forced to play how BB wants - building your troops in advance, eating population - instead of finding a solution yourself.
    Some of the regular adventures lasted even 8 days, I assume they have been shortened to a day or something now then? Drill plan could help also

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    @Hayek : I Dont think BB is forcing anything on you, you can simply ignore the quest and play the game at your own pace. The adventure "little vailent taylor" you can buy for 650mf from merchant

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    It is a little bit silly since having an army of 3000 units doesn't actually make the adventure any easier than having an army of 2000 units. You're still gonna need to chain up a few days worth of troops in the barracks to replace lost ones.

And that's even if you're doing it as a three player adventure.

So, while not really a blunder, it's just a pointless and useless target and shows, once again, that BB aren't really in touch with how this game is actually played or how many losses people are going to have playing these new adventures.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
    Just a question then, how long does it take for you to complete an adventure? I like to have all troops ready, and when I do for example Dark Brotherhood with my guildies we complete in about 2 hours. Black Knights takes less than an hour.

Different strokes for different folks they say. I have had room for a 3000 strong army since level 40 or so.

World
    Sandycove
    your right everything is relative and at least we have something new to challenge us now for some time i have had population cap of 8,000 now i will probably need all those and more besides as valiant little taior isnt even on combat simulator the map is but no troop numbers are avaiable so will have to do it blind ooooer!

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    Just a question then, how long does it take for you to complete an adventure?
    A BK takes a day; sent 500R or so (and the non Rs) in the morning, wrap up with the remainder in the evening. DB would cost 2 days (3 if I'd supply all the cav). That's fine with me; if I wait for my barracks during my adventure or in between doesn't matter to me. I see no need to complete it all in one sitting.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    The thing that some here are missing is that some of us want the freedom to chose how to play ourselves. Not get it forced on us by BB. I don't like this new quest, nor do I like the quests to own the different expert buildings. It's not a big deal, especially since I plan on getting it all eventually, but I still don't like it. I like the freedom to figure out my own strategy. Having a smaller population cap means I have more resources for other stuff, same for skipping expert buildings, which are expensive and mostly useless. More freedom = more fun.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    this fairy tale thing is another ultra mega expensive ....let's call it in a beautiful way: "thing" from our brilliant developers. As I saw somewhere, you kinda get let's say maximum 800 beans reward with great army loss. So in order to have beanstalk you have to get that castle. 10k beans for one castle let's say a month for that (because the adventure is rare to find or expensive, and it needs lots of units). So u got the castle - another month is ost because: surprise: let's upgrade that castle to the 5TH LEVEL so that IT COULD WORK. OOOH AND THE RATIO IS SO PRFECT: 50 to 5. 50 beams for 5 magic beamstalk or whatever they are. SOO you got the castle and ugraded it: 2months. After ou coninue to complete those hard adventures, and you get 800 beams => 80 beanstalks per adventure. And you want to buy that Major general: 10000 beanstalks divided by 80 per adveture = 125 ADVENTURES you have to COMPLETE lol. 1 adventure in let's say 4-5 days (this is positive thinking, cuz u need to recover after one epic adventure) = 500 DAYS FOR THAT GENERAL!!! LOOOOL. DOES IT WORTH IT? I DON'T THINK SO. And fter that you may want that residence ad bla bla. EXPENSIVE GAME. THE DEVELOPERS USE YEARS AS OVERALL TIME UNIT.
    Let me solve another math test: THE GREAT SCIENCE SYSTEM: for a simple codex or whatever at bookbinder level 5 = 12 h. so 2 simple codexes a day. you can use them at 15 upgrades=> 7 days for basic geologist upgrade. next level: 18 upgrades => 9 days for basic codes PLUS 10 days the upgrade for middle codexex. that's a total of 19 days. The final codexes: 27 upgrades: 13 days basic + 15 middle + 19 final = 47 days. So to have one geologist ully upgraded (bookbinder lvl 5 required and NO pauses between codex production) you need: 7+19+47days = 73 days - more that 2 mnths. We have 4-5 geologits...imaagine the time needed. needles to say that we don't always have titanium for example required in bokfiting production.
    Returning to the fairy tale thing: I HOPE someone will finish an adventure, so that we know exactly beans we get as a reward, and buy that castle so we can have an overview over its prodction. Every information is important. In my opinion, just like the previos quest chains, i think it's aHUE waste of time and by time i mean YEARS ). great job for all the developers. Please make a simple calculus before presenting us those "amazing upgrades to the game". Maybe you're stuck at PVP phase, and you tr to keep the players busy for another full year. Maybe!

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by nightm4n1965 View Post
    your right everything is relative and at least we have something new to challenge us now for some time i have had population cap of 8,000 now i will probably need all those and more besides as valiant little taior isnt even on combat simulator the map is but no troop numbers are avaiable so will have to do it blind ooooer!
    The Vailiant Little Tailor is on the combat simulator and there are guides already, so I'm not sure what you mean about 'having' to do it blind. There are not a lot of guides at the moment, but the first thing people asked about fairytale adventures was 'is there a guide?' and then seemed a bit put out that the number of guides isn't that great so far. The guides have been created by some very committed players who have worked hard on test to find strategies for completing The Valiant Little Tailor and they should be congratulated for coming up with something in such a short period of time. The other option that is always available is to sit with a combat simulator and run your own figures through it - if you don't want to risk that on live servers it is still possible on test and then you can play your own strategy once you've tested it there.

Reply to Thread