Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Collectible Items Appear!

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    Only if you think of it as a chore.
    You don't *need* to find them all, although a good case could be put forward to be extra vigilant during events where they use collectibles like Halloween, and I can imagine Easter in future also.

There's a quest in your book to let you know how many there are, but there's no prize for it. If you feel like it, check the quest to see how many and have a hunt. If there's other times you don't really care, just coincidentally click some if you happen to notice them. A few of the buffs aren't too bad, and even just casually clicking as you randomly notice some of the more obvious ones will get you some buffs (none of which are all that essential to gameplay).

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    this seems like another waste of time...the idea seems good but hiding collectables behind buildings mean BB thinks every one who plays has all day to do inch by inch search of thier island.people with well developed island will get so bored doing searchs.this seems like something to give low level players with hardly any island developement something to do.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    yes, i agree - i found 13/14 coll. in my well developed island, but last 3 - it was only luck, not my eyes :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ATHTHEMANIAC View Post
    this seems like another waste of time...the idea seems good but hiding collectables behind buildings mean BB thinks every one who plays has all day to do inch by inch search of thier island.people with well developed island will get so bored doing searchs.this seems like something to give low level players with hardly any island developement something to do.

World
    Newfoundland
    Logged in today, none of my buildings have imploded, quests seem to work, even found half of the thingies, one of them when clicking on a copper mine. Good job BB

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    As I read about the new collectibles my initial impression was very positive. However, having now spent some time on my very fully developed island I've already abandoned it as the level of concentration and eye strain (I'm not the youngest of players!) left me quite literally feeling nauseous! I had to have a screen break.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    lots of people have commented the number of click is getting rediculous. And some BB-folks insist the developers do listen. Right.

On an adventure I just found a bronze cauldron. They could just add that to the inventory, nice and easy. But.... no, they first send you a mail with the adventure-shipment. Click mail -> it's added to the star menu. And then you have to add it to the mayor house!

Grrr! It's just a small thingy, but there are so many stupid little things like this. They just never ever think about playability. Hire someone who can think it might help.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Angry HATE Collectables already

Collectables has only been on for 6 hours and I detest it already

If I wanted to play "wheres Waldo" i would buy the book

who ever thought of this feature should be given a perment unpaid holiday

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Absolutely. I hated the [ stupid ] things before they even appeared on the test server. I hope somebody at BB is deeply ashamed of this new debacle.
    Settlers is supposed to be a Real Time Strategy game. Where is either the stragey or game element in collectibles? This is as dumb as the adventures where you just click eggs and ornaments without killing pesky bandits.

What is truly astounding, mind-bendingly incomprehensible, is the amount of dev time wasted on this rubbish while there are bugs, faults & niggles that have been ignored for over a year.

Whomever at BB has 'the vision', needs glasses...

Hi Hairy,

The word you used is not PEGI-7 and was replaced.

Regards,
    Fexno
    Last edited by Fexno; 03.10.13 at 12:46.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Why is the collections tab ONLY in the Mayor's house? And why then couldn't the military tab be left on normal storehouses?

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    There seems to be a new bug introduced along with this weeks changes. For some reason when i clicked on my buildings just now, nothing happened. I needed to reload before i could upgrade a copper mine. (And I did reload not too long before that, so it can only be due to a bug).

As for the collectibles. Meh. I wont shed a tear if they are taken away again, tired of them already.

Reply to Thread