Reply to Thread

Thread: Be able to buy settlers

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland

Be able to buy settlers

Right now I buy lotsa stacks of bread and turn them into settlers. Because I have a waiting list for several days now in my PH I prefer that it would be able to buy/sell settlers so I don't have to buy bread instead

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Just to clarify. You want to be able to buy and sell people on the open market to the highest bidder?

I thought that kind of thing got abolished a couple of centuries ago.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Your idea doesn't need to be implemented, you can already buy in everything your provisions house makes except settlers. Therefore queue settlers and buy in what you need.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    You can buy some with gems. Even if nobody actually uses that approach for buying settlers, BB are likely to want to keep it there and restrict other methods of getting the same without using gems.

So saying, I do think that allowing settlers to be traded would help improve the game and the flow of economy.
    It would also be useful for those rare moments where you want some troopers real fast (e.g. just messed a block and need some replacements before looters get annoyed) or when PH is busy doing something else.

Making them trade-able would have similar impact to irma's, fishfood and the like. Those wanting gc would craft extra, those wanting the buffs without the work would check TO.
    "Your general was a tortoise!" ... "He will now amble back to his garrison as slow as his short reptilian legs will manage"

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    I think it would be good to be able to sell settlers also.
    People with excess time on the Prov house can churn them out for a little profit, and those with some extra funds, but a full Prov house can buy them to replenish their armies.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    you can already buy in everything your provisions house makes except settlers.
    That's why

You don't have to use it, but there are tons of players that have this problem.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    If we get this the next thing people will be asking for is to be able to trade troops. This would widen the gap between the high power players and the rest. It would also make PvP impossible to balance, would you want to face an opponent who could ship in 1000's of cannons per hour because they have the means to buy them.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    that may not be possible remember cannons and other likewise stuff is only available to certain levels so a lvl 3 could not possibly use them at all

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    A Level 3 does not have a trade office to buy them, a Level 3 does not have a general to assign them to. A level 3 would not have the surplus resources to trade for them.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    A Level 3 does not have a trade office to buy them, a Level 3 does not have a general to assign them to. A level 3 would not have the surplus resources to trade for them.
    I'm not sure if a lvl3 also can or not buy the trade office building deed and some kind of generals for gems in merchant?...

Reply to Thread