Reply to Thread

Thread: Can't login on the test server

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

Can't login on the test server

Heya,

I've played on the test server before, was quite enjoyable but eventually (since the map is pre-built for you) I grew tired of it and didn't login for at least 6 months. Now with all the new features being released I'd like to login again, but every time I try to login, I get an error, saying

"A general error has occurred. Please refresh the page and try again."

I've tried clearing cache and deleting cookies, but to no avail, I just can't login anymore. On my own server (Sandycove) I have no problems at all. How can I login again? :/

Norway - Birthland of giants......and trolls.
    World
    Newfoundland
    They are doing the load test today, so it might be because it's full.

Edit: No, not full. Just logged in. No problems. Only a log in queue of biblical proportions.
    Last edited by Saraptheold; 08.10.13 at 14:37.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    That's what I meant, I can't login, no matter what. It's not the crowdedness, I've been trying to log in for a couple of weeks now, but nothing

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    If others can but you cannot then surely indicates a problem with your computer/connection and not a bug.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Well, as I've said, I can login on Sandycove just fine, it's only the testing server that's giving me an error. So tell me what to do ^^

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yes but as I can login on test server as well as others and newfoundland what does that mean? Im sure BB dont discriminate against certain people.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Not to be rude, but read my post one more time. I'm asking what I can do about it, I'm not saying it's a problem with the website at all. I've tried clearing the cache, deleting cookies, nothing helps. I can login in Internet Explorer, it's just Firefox that's preventing me from logging in, and I was hoping that someone could tell me why.

World
    Sandycove
    Hi Danus1986,

Am I correct in assuming that you get this error everytime you try to login?

If so you probably have the same problem I had when trying to login on tsotesting just now.
    Try opening this link: "https://www.tsotesting.com/en//api/user/login", if you indeed receive a security warning then that is the same problem I had.

Not sure why Firefox is telling you he doesn't recognize the issuer of the certificate ("Starfield Technologies, Inc."), because if you go to "Options / Advanced / Certificates" and click Show Certificates, you can see that it is listed there.

Now the real problem... After checking this it suddenly accepted the certificate and I could login without problems.
    I'm quite sure I didn't add the certificate to the list of exceptions, so checking the list of certificates might have triggered something in Firefox.

When above steps don't solve the problem for you can try to add it to the list of exceptions, but only if the certificate looks exactly like this:

You can reach these details by clicking "Add exception" and then "View" certificate.

If it is not or you are in doubt contact Support and try to explain what happens.
    Last edited by Fexno; 09.10.13 at 11:11.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Danus1986 View Post
    Not to be rude, but read my post one more time. I'm asking what I can do about it, I'm not saying it's a problem with the website at all. I've tried clearing the cache, deleting cookies, nothing helps. I can login in Internet Explorer, it's just Firefox that's preventing me from logging in, and I was hoping that someone could tell me why.
    What you said earlier contradicts what you have now just said. You said "That's what I meant, I can't login, no matter what. It's not the crowdedness, I've been trying to log in for a couple of weeks now, but nothing"

If you had told us from the start that you could get in with internet explorer but not firefox that would of helped a lot more as then we know its nothing wrong with your connection, I was thinking maybe the test server had IP banned you or something, you leave out details and lead people down the wrong path trying to help you hence the reason I blamed your computer/connection.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Fexno View Post
    Hi Danus1986,

Am I correct in assuming that you get this error everytime you try to login?

Cheers, that was it, thanks a lot man!

Reply to Thread