Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Unfair treatment?

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

Unfair treatment?

So it appears that the Americans got a bonus gift for their Thanksgiving, I'm curious why the Canadians didn't get anything for their Thanksgiving last month?

Looks like BB plays favourite with more than just the German servers.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    LOL. What servers do the Canadians play on?
    I believe some of them play on the US servers. So Thanksgiving is just the same thing on a different day.

What is unfair treatment is doing x3 gems sale on European/German servers and not doing any for the US servers.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    the american server has a permanent bonus check the amount of gems they get and then the exchange rate they pay $99 dollars for there biggest package to the £99 i pay plus they get more gems so they dont need a 100% bonus or any bigger seeing they continually reap the benefits of cheap prices
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPope View Post
    LOL. What servers do the Canadians play on?
    I believe some of them play on the US servers. So Thanksgiving is just the same thing on a different day.

What is unfair treatment is doing x3 gems sale on European/German servers and not doing any for the US servers.

Battle Hardened Contributor Jamdoggy's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Personally, I think it's great that BB do these extra events for individual server groups. I certainly don't mind that the US servers had Thanksgiving, or that the German servers just had a 'Red Nose Day' event - it shows that they are making an effort to look at what the players on those servers would enjoy.

I just hope that we in the UK get the same treatment. I expect to have a 'Red Nose Day' event for us in April 2014 (I think it will be).

Keep the events coming BB...

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    The German 'Red Nose Day' event is very ironic though considering that it's a charity event that started in UK and now that it's getting popular in Germany they get an event yet we still have not. If we do not get a Red Nose Event in April then I feel embarrassed for BB. As an aside, I could be wrong but I seem to remember getting thanksgiving gifts in the past on Newfoundland. What I disagree with is getting St Patricks day gifts and not getting any for St George's day, somewhat unbelievably, not everyone in the UK is Irish! BB's inconsistency is its problem.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Our servers celebrated Guy Fawkes on November 5th. No other servers did.

Thanks Giving is an American holiday, not a European holiday.

A lot of these holiday events are localised to the servers. Which means we can't celebrate all of them.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    .net had the same St. Patrick's Day gifts we did, most Americans aren't Irish but it's a very popular holiday. The issue I think is not so much the day as it is the uneven nature of the gift giving. .net and .com are much closer to each other in their gift packets than either is to .de (the German servers.) It's not unheard of to find players there scrolling to see all of theirs.

The sticky bit with Red Nose Day is not so much "When will .com get it, Comic Relief is a UK thing after all." but "Will all the other servers 'round the world also get a whole event supporting a local charity?" Leaving aside any personal politics regarding charities (pro or con,) it's rather a large thing to offer one, or even two, language versions.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    in holland we have sinterklaas also, maybe a suggestion instead of santa claus? lol

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yeah so hopefully BB gives EU servers something for Australia day on Jan 25th ( hint hint ) and no need for shrimp on the BBQs buffs....

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Thanks for making a mockery of our efforts to get to get the UK servers treated the same as others. This could have been a thread where various groups could have put forward arguments why they deserve special days. For example we have 2 Christian events yet none of the other major religions get any. You have turned this into a farce I hope you all are now feeling ashamed at what you have done.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread