Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Shopping - too late now!

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Christmas Shopping - too late now!

I was very surprised to see the Christmas shop removed simultaneously with the rest of the event, and it caught me hugely by surprise. I was fully expecting a phased removal similar to other events in the past. I now find myself with all my presents and no rewards, which makes me a sad bunny It seems a shame the shop couldn't have been left open for a further week after the event ended.

I know (now!) it's in the release notes. Was I the only idiot here or did anyone else get caught by surprise too?

Norway - Birthland of giants......and trolls.
    World
    Newfoundland
    No. I sent my explorers on a too long search and they came back today. Laden with presents. Oh well. With the glacial pace of this game, xmas will come soon enough around again.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    The information was on the change log notes and on the login page's news feed. I also saw MODs telling it in chat and it was frequently mentioned in help tab. I would also suspect active guilds to communicate this to their members. So I'm not sure what more BB could have done to communicate this to you if you managed to miss all this?

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    They could have messaged all beforehand.
    Not everyone reads these forums all the time.
    In the FAQ for the event they never mentioned the end date.
    They should reinstate the shop at the next maintenance for at least a week so people can redeem the presents that they collected.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    They informed us about this in November.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    Here's the dev diary for the event -> http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...mas-Event-2013

It says the end date in a picture, and in bold underneath it.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    To Libaxe

"They could have messaged all beforehand."
    -The developer's diary was published before the event, the change log was published 3 days before the end of event and the front page news feed one day before the end of the event. Both the change log and the news feed explicitly state that the shop closes as well, and is in bold on the news post.

"Not everyone reads these forums all the time."
    -If you feel uninformed about a special event, and have not read the forum entry with all the information regarding said event, then you are in no position to complain.

"In the FAQ for the event they never mentioned the end date."
    -If you refer to the developer's diary with detailed information about the event, then I suggest you read again. The start and end date are virtually the first thing that is written on the post. Twice.

"They should reinstate the shop at the next maintenance for at least a week so people can redeem the presents that they collected."
    -The shop was open throughout the event, a total of four weeks.

World
    Northisle

Unhappy

I must admit that I had noted the 9th as the end - so I assumed without too much thought that I had today to finish shopping, and it would be gone by tomorrow.

My Explorers - even the experienced ones - must have thought the same as well, as they have been coming home with more presents today way past the shop was closed !

Bummer.

World
    Sandycove
    You may also have missed the `exchange presents for coins' in PH then 1 present = 1 coin, not a lot but if you don't want to save them for next year or trade them in TO ( Best prices are usually during Halloween event ) this option is still there for you to use
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    If you don't read forums, the login page, the loading screen, then can't really complain.

Reply to Thread