Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Change Log - 20/02/2014

World
    Sandycove
    [Thread moved]

The feature that buffs done appear in the outbox, might be unwanted for most people (including myself), it is not a bug.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    After this update is mail system much better, at least I can delete mails now, but did anyone thought about some usability? Usability test are now frequently used in development world, but I still can see any improvement in this area here.

It's stupid that all accept/decline (add to star....) buttons are hidden bellow the visible area, so you have to always use scroll bar to click on action button.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    OK I see that the change log tells us that this WAS intended. But it also says
    CHANGE LOG -20/02/2014

Please take note that this is a preliminary change log and the final version may differ.
    Please can you point me to the final changelog?

The worst bit about the system is that if you send adventure invite to someone and they don't click into their outbox then it will never expire. Fortunately when that happened to me it was not with to valuable a ls

World
    Newfoundland
    Gavona, the Change Log is posted in order for players to get an idea regarding the new features that will be implemented.

However the Change Log is posted way before the version some changes might be made, therefore the disclaimer.

You can see all changes for the version in the pop-up screen that appears when logging into your island under "Latest Changes".

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I was expecting the mail system to be an improvement, but it is not.

Move "reply to mail" out of context menu. The delete option should also have it's own button.

We should either be able to have more than 50 mails in the outbox, or alternatively it should contain ONLY actual written mails, not all trades, adventures shipments, gifts, friendship requests, guild invitees/declines/acceptances/kicks and so on. For an outbox, this is a really bad one.

Great idea with the new mail system, but awful implementation.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Undeletable buffs swamping the entire outbox may not be a "bug" in the technical sense but it's hard to imagine it was intentional. It looks more like no-one bothered to tweak old programming to keep up with new features, so they're "working" as they always have, more or less, only now they just don't fit well. That would explain the need to Click the Pigeon whenever you think of it now just to see if anything expired comes back.

It also only delivers the sent buff notes when you buff a friend who is offline or off-island, if they are online and on their own island there is no mail, just like it's always been for received buffs. Mail for buffs placed on your own island when you couldn't possibly see them being placed at least made some sense, though it isn't perfect, but this is just silly. Especially when it doesn't actually work. It can be pretty funny but really now.

Iolanthe did not, but got a chuckle out of it all the same.

At least this one's a buffable building but again, not one I went anywhere near:

Mostly they're just ghosts though:

+1 on unwanted by me even if it was "working".
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 21.02.14 at 17:33.

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    Yep and try sending a guild mail and you get 50+ undeletable copies of the same message. Since you can only have 5o items in your outbox, bye bye to anything useful you might have been saving. Stooopid.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Guild Mail, I don't wanna talk about it.

See also: Buffs appear in Outbox and [OPEN] Direct trades expiring late or not at all

The Button-with-Books-on remains awkward and the delete option really is in probably the worst place possible, it just invites misclicks.

Honestly still somewhat staggered that not only was New Mail ever allowed off the Test server, it wasn't pulled back.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 21.02.14 at 19:04. Reason: Added 'Direct Trades'

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    Gavona, the Change Log is posted in order for players to get an idea regarding the new features that will be implemented.

However the Change Log is posted way before the version some changes might be made, therefore the disclaimer.

You can see all changes for the version in the pop-up screen that appears when logging into your island under "Latest Changes".
    I understand that BB_Ravel. It is great that we have the change log and that you invite and listen to our comments on it. But as you clearly indicate it does not necessarily reflect the final version. Indeed I would hope that often the final version gets tweaked based on feedback both on test and in the changelog feedback.
    The pop up is brief, temporaryand does not tell us the detail of the changes. So how do we know what is intended behavior?
    So my suggestions: (i) Post the text of the pop up in the forums so we can refer to it and (ii) maybe enhance it to give us more detail.

Back to the original post: Orca45 said that the Outbox was unusable and gave a couple of reasons. Other posts have identified other "features" that make the system unusable. I refuse to believe that the intent was to deliver an unusable feature. (Maybe someone wrote a technical specification and the developers delivered that. But if the technical specification was flawed then it is still a bug in my book as the desired user outcome was not achieved.) So in my opinion this thread belongs where it started - in "Bugs" not "game suggestions".

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    okey. um first my post in forum, dont know if u like my ideas here or not. but u definately should read all im gonna say ;D

so, 1st of all how long TSO is up now? 2 years? and why mail system is getting somewhere just now? i mean most of browser multiplayer games has mail system from its beggining... um thats a big minus here. second of all, if u make update to it, why dont u finish it up right? damn...
    now a thing how it should look like?

here:

first of all why all mail from same player with same topic goes with new RE? damn. make a system that u see it all in same spot. like in tribalwars

as u can see it apears (digit) of mails in conversation. not a new independed mail. thats way better, couz u can keep one spot, and lots of txt in one place, and u probably wont exedently delete it. mean while here when u have another and another after every message u get u will get pissed, and probably will delete em all ;D or if not, u wont find what u are looking for...
    also, outbox um, make that u can delete those things there, couz damn, i really would use outbox to keep some important messages, but now when most of it is crap from buffings thats makes no sense, i would delete crap and leave important things there...

hm. um. another thing. why do mail, and reports (buffing i think is also a report) goes to same place? cant u just make reports - buffings, battle reports, trades independed of mails? it would be way better i think....

so um. thats probably all i have to say here ;D anyways. i think that creators still have where to make changes, so in my oppinion, if u have bugs here or smght, dont waste time fixing it, better create a new mail delivery etc system. couz this one is um... just say bad one.

cheers,
    D
    Last edited by DMetal; 21.02.14 at 20:29.

Reply to Thread