Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Stop the coin inflation!

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubbie View Post
    First of all i dont see why ppl should leave cause it cost like 50 gold coins more to do an adventure when ppl sell the lootspots anyway.
    A trading tax or a troop tax for just having troops might do just that for some.

I would leave, as I think many others would to, as I would feel unfairly penalised by BB for doing adventures. I believe the fundamental issue you are asking BB to address is about taking coins out of the game to reduce the increase in trade prices yet you are also asking BB to penalise those who adventure often (yet may never trade) and leave the traders unaffected. Yet isn't it the traders that establish the market prices?

On your other point, In 2 months I will have been here for 3 years and I cant remember the last time I sold a loot spot. I would imagine it was probably about 2 years ago though. To say that people wont be affected as they sell the loot spots anyway is also not correct for significant number of players. Especially those that play with friends or in an engaging guild or actually just play at their own pace and mainly focus on single player adventures.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Its irritating when coins have devaluated alot,but thats it i believe.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Hmm, you're about half a year late ... http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...coin-inflation!
    Read the thread and recognize that I was making that point in March - but rahter than posting ideas, the community shredded the idea that inflation was a problem.

On Northisle, the granite equivalent value of items like Beans/Gem bought stuff has actually dropped in the last 12 months, whereas the coin price has more than quadrupled!

World
    Sandycove
    [Thread merged in: "Gold sink due to insane increase of trade prices"]

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    the problem its not the coins.. its the gems.. the relation 1gem = xcoins. A VTV use to cost 500 coins, whats its price now? gem items r the problem and that problem wont go away never. the gem items arent gonna be cheaper, thats a fact.
    you'll need more coins to buy gem items, so dont be a genius a try reduce coins..
    do your job! make your map a map that wont need to buy any resource (immune to inflation of recources), so you can worry only about gem items.
    dont spend gold in stupid things that you dont need. save gold!

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by fishslice View Post
    You say a trading tax will increase the price of trades, well don't you think that a troop tax will increase the cost of adventures and therefore the cost of loot spots?

More importantly a tax of any kind will actually make many leave - my suggestion re traders was purely to speculate that I think its the hard core trading community that accumulate the coins and impact the market. There's many things BB could do and everyone of them will impact the game in some direction.

I would suggest its more about the age of the servers, the longer they exist the more coins and wealth they generate leaving those that start much later disadvantaged unless they find themselves a niche, such as hard core trading, selling of Loot spots from spewing out dozens of Roaring Bull or FairyTale Adventures every week.

Give it another 12 months, and if the game is still going, granite will start coming down in price as many more hard core players have all their island at L5.

And whilst on the subject of server age, I think back to the beginning, people thought a fair price for gems was 3 coins, that made it a lot easier for people to buy gem giftable items, now its 20 coins or more - I often see Nobles being sold for 2k+ coins these days. So whilst you may think coins have become devalued, others will say its for gem giftable items the its harder to buy good stuff with coins for the newer players. So how does taxing anything, troops or trades help that situation as some people will say that gem items should increase even further making the divide between new and old players even larger.

So in summary, I am not in favour of any sort of tax. Offer players the ability to buy non tradeable expensive items for vanity and status, that will take gold out of the game quicker and have negligible impact on adventures or trades. I can imagine a situation where I would be happy to throw 50k coins away to have a statue that doesn't impact my building spaces but says hey look at me I can afford this. Then I may want one at 100k, then 250k, then 1M. Yep, whilst the game isn't player against player there is a status thing that people will always throw money at........
    vanity item for gold coins sound like very nice idea.

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD_VV View Post
    save gold!
    That is entirely the problem.

Players have the ability to manufacture their own coins - a well balanced island can provide all the resources to make thousands a day. Gold towers, buffs, historical refill exploits have all added to a problem which was inevitable with this manufacturing of free money.

Once you have passed the lv3-lv4 upgrade stage there isn't much that takes coins out of circulation. Paying them to BB is the only way they go out of circulation - trading between players changes nothing; the coins have just changed owners.

The consequence is that a typical high level player has hundreds of thousands, if not millions of gold coins at their disposal. In this game a resource is only worth what someone is willing to pay, therefore traders increase inflate prices because they know that someone can afford it.

The end result is a market skewed heavily towards high level players where new players are increasingly reliant on the charity of the lv50. At the early stages of the game, income is pretty much limited to what the game rewards progress with. Few at that level can hope to trade competitively with the big traders.

The only solution I can see to this is to take a significant amount of coins out of circulation - maybe a "millionaire's Mansion" or something that costs literally a million GC - not a gem item, that solves nothing. Something VERY expensive for gold coins, but not a pure vanity object - something people will want like a population building. If you link it to an achievement it might tempt even more people. Or maybe a Lv6 upgrade for FT castle, or lv6 upgrades that don't need grout. Just make it harder for people to manufacture and hoard coins.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_B View Post
    The consequence is that a typical high level player has hundreds of thousands, if not millions of gold coins at their disposal.

You mean like this.....

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    lol, save the coins.. (Where`s the Bank?)

I guess all resources go up and down in value and i know coins is the easy medium for many players assuming for trades..
    but coins isnt the only resource to trade with.
    Last edited by Astraldimension; 23.09.14 at 15:44.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have to agree with everything Jim says here.

Reply to Thread