Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Stack stuff in the star menu!

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by KC-Grim View Post
    Stilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiting
    This goes back a long way and cant even get a response from BB even after 160 posts....???????????????....................
    It actually got more than 1 reply from me some pages back.

Unfortunately there are no updates regarding this suggestion (other than the fact that it has been passed on again several times since my comment due to the support it received from the community).

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    It actually got more than 1 reply from me some pages back.

Unfortunately there are no updates regarding this suggestion (other than the fact that it has been passed on again several times since my comment due to the support it received from the community).
    Hi Ravel,

Would be nice to see more replies from staff in game suggestion.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Hurry up with this. Top priority update. Single stack items are an enormous pain to use/swap/trade/sell. Even badges when you don't want a nice number of them you just end up with broken stacks that no one will take. So annoying that all the most important feedback is just ignored constantly

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Well, I don't speak German much at all but, as far as I can gather from using Google Translate on this (Q&A from Gamescom in August), stacking stuff in star menu causes a great deal of load on the server and they are working on an optimal solution to the problem.

I don't know about anyone else but, after the past week or so, I am all in favour of BB not making any change that might increase lag any further.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymandeus View Post
    Well, I don't speak German much at all but, as far as I can gather from using Google Translate on this (Q&A from Gamescom in August), stacking stuff in star menu causes a great deal of load on the server and they are working on an optimal solution to the problem.

I don't know about anyone else but, after the past week or so, I am all in favour of BB not making any change that might increase lag any further.
    Then we really need filter options to star menu.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland

Angry

Yeah I don't normally swap buffs because of the horrible star menu, server lag etc. but I did now during event and what a click fest it is. Finding pumpkin stack sometimes took some time too. Dragging with scroll bar is slow too, its like 'where's waldo'

Here is a combined shot of my menu near the end of event (warning very large big for some browsers to handle)

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymandeus View Post
    That just shows some incompetence or the will to do mid type solutions for end users. They don't need to stack them at server if its that bad there. They can just stack same type items to one in the UI visible to us. Each item in star menu has unique id that's passed to server when used so they could just put all same type items to one icon with a counter and associate array of IDs to that stack and the use next id per use.

Feels same kind of lame stuff like the barracks/prov house click fest that has been hot topic for like 2 years which could be easily (temporary) resolved by repeating the server command. Set scrollbar to 100? divide that by 25 and you send 4 commands. Nothing needs to be changed server side. Then if they say it produces lag... well players already repeat the add event anyways so no difference there if its manually done by player or repeated by game with small delays.
    Last edited by Mannerheim; 04.11.14 at 14:46.

World
    Newfoundland
    im not entirely sure they would understand the stuff you just wrote even if it got to them somehow

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    Yeah I don't normally swap buffs because of the horrible star menu, server lag etc. but I did now during event and what a click fest it is. Finding pumpkin stack sometimes took some time too. Dragging with scroll bar is slow too, its like 'where's waldo'

Here is a combined shot of my menu near the end of event (warning very large big for some browsers to handle)

copied somethings bit too much m8 like i see you have 17 fish farms in the star menu you showed Which.... is not possible to have limit is 3 atm
    Retired settler, may 2012 - oktober 2017

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by matie2506 View Post
    copied somethings bit too much m8 like i see you have 17 fish farms in the star menu you showed Which.... is not possible to have limit is 3 atm
    Due to an error on BBs part, Fish Farms were tradable during the first week of the event... so having 17 in star is perfectly possible.

Reply to Thread