Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Fourth Community Vote

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by jollyfog2012 View Post
    Seems this community vote has caused more arguments between players than anything else..

Someone earlier suggested the best way round it. Let us vote for what we want; the top 3 get it and we can only buy one of them, problem solved surely?
    What would tick all the boxes for me is to introduce the limited items to work exactly the same way as the voting, but in game for every individual as an individual.
    So limited guild offer one, you may select one item only, School, BHG, Store
    Unlimited guild offer 2, you may buy unlimited items, but once you have bought eight different items you can only buy more of those same eight items

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    No schoolhouse?

What are people thinking, the other choices can all be bought on TO, only schoolhouse was a unique building

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Also dont forget the Improved storehouse is the last item in the Football event callendar. So now we will get two of them - Yippee (sarcasm)

As stated above many times. The school is much more benefitial then the other two items, despite the fact some players trying to say otherwise.
    Reasons:
    Storehouse - great building, more storage space. Why not, cause lets face it, more space is always better. But NOT really a priority, since we all have starmenu, which is basically the endless storehouse. Only reason to have it would be if you dont play for a longer period of time. But the island production stops anyway (if somebody dont keep it alive) so why bother.
    BHG - in short. Major/4 Veterans/ 2 MMA/ 2 Supply gen + 6 BHG/ 2 GrimReapers and 6 Tavern - should I continue. If yes then it's way to overpriced in the guild market.
    So it leaves us to School - best choice to lvl1-50 player as well as low/mid/hardcore adventurer. Also it's the limited item (bhg too, but as said above, its overpriced). Also it produces something from nothing. I humbly consider myself as hardcore adventurer . To train 3-4k units on a daily basis is normal for me. But even though I use Retired bandits all the time 60settlers a day is still good.

second group of items - NO comment. Book fitting/advanced paper/Marble smth (all insanely overpriced) is a must have stuff rather then hoarding cheap Fairy Fires and Lights for future events

regards

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    At the end of the day it does not really matter (it's a simple game, whatever). What *IS* interesting is to try and understand:

Why would someone want to pay with guild coins (instead of gold coins which can be traded for guild coins) for a readily available item, vs. paying with guild coins for a rare-item that can not be otherwise obtained? This suggests that there is something amiss with the vote, or a significant portion of people do not place any value on those rare items.

The results of the secondary vote, in my opinion, are immaterial. Given the vast number of options I have reason to believe that many of the selections were purely random. (We were blocked from clicking next until we picked enough items, so I, along with others I have talked to, randomly picked items after choosing the 3/4 we actually liked). I would not be surprised if some of the items that won were 'higher on the list' as they are easier to click :P

With regard to the school argument: Yes, schools are valuable and rare, but only to those who do the maths. And given the costs of items and discussions I've had with people, there are a lot that do *NOT* do the Maths. If you consider that a bulk of players may not do the maths, and only go:

Oh, 1 extra ever couple hours, whatever.

then it is easy to see why they would choose storehouse (nice profit in TO).

If anyone wants to have IMO legitimate grievances, it should be due to the forced selection of the second part of the vote. Either we should have been only able to select a few, or at least abstain from excessive voting. If you look at the results, everything is so close to each other, that it ends up being more random than anything. Although it does lend to the suggestion of: Since only 4 did not make it, why not just enable them all?

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Gutted that the school didn't win but there is light at the end of the tunnel still, the upcoming calendar will give us the choice between a school or 2 floaters, tough choice there but ill be picking the school as I have 6 already all at lev 5, plus Halloween may yet give another 3 schools

World
    Northisle
    good

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    No schoolhouse?

What are people thinking, the other choices can all be bought on TO, only schoolhouse was a unique building
    Really Dragavon! The other choices can all be bought from the TO...... since when.

Nips to Trade Office to buy himself another BHG.

Seriously people - the most popular item won, the least popular item didn't, lets move on.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by fishslice View Post
    Really Dragavon! The other choices can all be bought from the TO...... since when.

Seriously people - the most popular item won, the least popular item didn't, lets move on.
    Your too late I already brought 1k of them for the bargin price of 1 fish Now I do need more space.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    No schoolhouse?

Indeed. Guild Market Voting is an IQ test. Goes to show what the IQ level is of the majority of the player base.

Very sad.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by fishslice View Post

Why would you want a BHG? They are no good, buying one is a waste of gems, or whatever they are for sale for at any given time.

Reply to Thread