Closed Thread
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving back the improved storehouses

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    hehe the real funny thing is in software we never own it, it vertual materialism, so we hold nothing and owe nothing. it's BB's to do as they please

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    not so if people have spent real money on the game - there is a duty of care for stuff players spend real money on.

However in this case, Im unsure as to if its BBs error or the players who chose to take advantage

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBart1982 View Post
    not so if people have spent real money on the game - there is a duty of care for stuff players spend real money on.

However in this case, Im unsure as to if its BBs error or the players who chose to take advantage
    Salem is correct, Ive been playing mmo's since Ultima online, It has always been this way, The game provider reserves all intellectual rights. At no point do we "own" anything that BB supply us.

It works the same way with flixster too, if you breach their TOS they close your account and that's it, I am not sure with ITunes as I don't really use them, But I can see them working the same way too.
    Last edited by Brayarg; 20.07.14 at 19:10.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    In which case I will never, ever spend real money on this or any other online game... There must be a law in place to ensure our rights as consumers are protected...

World
    Newfoundland
    Pretty sure it works the same way with playstation network and xbox live, if you breech their tos, they can ban your account, any games or content you bought off of the live marketplace, say goodbye to it.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    For other bugs and that became a disaster for gamers BB silence....WHY????? There because BB did not fair play? Not when the mistake is yours to pay .. and why not send them one day after; Is something suspicious here;;;
    Last edited by taraxias7; 20.07.14 at 19:13.

World
    Newfoundland
    When Dark Brotherhood could be taken out by nukes alone, you probably knew something wasn't quite right. Did you immediately stop doing that adventure when you found the exploit, or did you continue to spam them? And when BB said "this isn't as intended," they didn't recall all Dark Brotherhood loot and threaten with bans.
    The DB nuke thing gave players that gained certain loot via adventure the ability to use them, This game is based on island economy and military tactics to progress using 3 Nukes on 1 camp to clear a sector or adventure is no different to blocking a camp or only attacking certain leader camps to clear a sector or sending 1 general with 1 R to make a kill and obtain loot.

If blocking wasn't intended BB would remove all guides from the forum that used blocks, and would implement some sort of coding to prevent it, i.e the change the duration of an attack.

No BB didn't recall the loot, they changed the coding so you can't do it anymore. Why did they not recall the loot ? because it was in game content, to my knowledge a 750 gem building is not attainable in game.

Don't try and compare the to because they are by no way comparative, it's like saying a player that performs no blocks but doesn't clear every camp on an adventure is in breach of ToS, therefore ineligible to the loot.

When people found that they could open all the calendar doors on the first day of the event, they knew they were doing something that wasn't intended. They haven't been threatened with bans nor asked to give back their prizes. In fact, many of those people are exempt from the SH recall/ban because they "only" got 2.
    The calendar doors you had to use gems to open, not matter what the date. If you were to open them all on the first night, as people i know did, it would have cost you 600 gems.

Guilds openly advertise that they will kick and readmit members in order to complete guild quests more quickly, to gain more guild coins. This certainly isn't as intended, yet BB ignores it. Certainly they haven't asked for those extra coins back nor threatened bans.
    Players who join guilds do under the guidelines set out by that guild, the primary object of being in a guild is to obtain guild coins as via completion of the quests. If certain players are holding others up or discontinued their involvement in TSO then a guide will remove them as per their guidelines. If a player is a sporadic player and gets booted then maybe they should to be in a guild.

The reason they picked this one situation is because of repeated transgressions that occurred: if a player logged in e
    very 10 minutes and got 1 storehouse over the cost of the 12 hour period that's 72 storehouses.

Yes, theft is theft, but the punishment also fits the crime. BB did not demand 60k gc's worth of loot worth a recall, they did 54k's worth of gem based storehouses, which is what 1 player could have obtained in a 12 hour period.
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    awww *heart swells* I got response love from the baaahman. Normally, I would not get into a nitpicking match since neither one of us will change the other's mind, and I'm far from taking any moral superiority stance, as so many others have tried to take, but I can't pass up a chance to go head to head against you.

The vast majority of players are in the same boat, regardless of whether they took the SHs or not. The common thread throughout those who are pro-ban is that the extra SHs were "not intended" by BB and therefore those who took them should have known better. The thing is though that there are many things that weren't intended by BB that players exploit so commonly and which have been allowed by BB for so long that players forget that they maybe aren't quite so innocent of using exploits as they think. The examples cited were just a small sample of exploits ignored or forgiven by BB, chosen to highlight the discrepancy in the responses they give.

The nukes used for the DB exploit could be won in adventure loot or purchased in the Epic shop for in-game resources. To highlight that this exploit wasn't as intended, BB changed the coding so it could no longer be done, just the same as they changed the coding so that the SHs could no longer be claimed. If you had taken advantage of this DB exploit, you were allowed to keep your gains, but I am being threatened with a ban. You liken it to blocking, suggesting that blocking is supported by BB but our former CM Dantesama states outright here they do not. They simply choose to accept this exploit. (as a side note, as you say this is an island economy and military tactics game. The benefits of receiving full epic adventure loot with no military cost, no rebuilding time and small resource cost far outweigh the convenience benefit of more storage space)

Guilds are of course going to set their own standards for activity and quest completion. While I have not seen an official statement from BB on this particular topic, I find it hard to believe that they encourage or intended guilds to use the kick feature to force optimal quest completion, nor do I think they would look kindly on the guilds which actively promote themselves as using this tactic. Since my initial post which mentioned this issue, at least two guilds on our server have edited their messages in the Guild List to remove their statements about this. I find that interesting.

As you say, "theft is theft" yet you justify the taking of thousands of gems' worth of resources, buffs, event items, and limited-purchase buildings as well as a storehouse for the low low price of 600 gems as being acceptable and unworthy of punishment? Last I checked, the SHs could be traded freely in game, but those limited purchase floaters and schools, not so much. And the hundreds of extra footballs and event resources gained gave those players a big head start in the event and allowed for account enriching beyond what was intended.

Oh, and for what its worth, technically there has been no breach of the TOS. The TOS protects them against complaint if they do decide to ban, but that will fall into their catchall clause which allows account termination for any reason at any time. Further, there is no breach of the In Game Rules and Code of Conduct as posted here. While I am sure this will be amended shortly, there is currently no prohibition against using what is given to everyone in game. It is forbidden to advertise them (as with the guilds and their kicking practices) but not against using them. Its a technicality, but still it is what it is.

TL : DR-- BB has a diverse range of responses to activities which can be seen as exploitations. If they choose to ban for taking the SH, as they are well within their rights to do, then there are some other exploits that they should be looking into as well. Cheers!
    Last edited by foofygirl; 20.07.14 at 22:20. Reason: removing "unintended" smilie

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    Congratulations BB, another fine mess! You may call some elements of the community 'cheaters' and 'hackers', but let me suggest that you are comprehensively 'incompetent'.

I personally have not received a warning mail.

This game is going downhill rapidly. BB, why not invest your time into developing the game such as the two-year overdue level 50 content and testing it properly rather than alienating the game's community with threats over your rubbish coding?

This episode is another reminder of why I have stopped buying gems! Why continue to give my money to a gaming company that ignores what I and many others ask for, instead delivering what they want to, which has little benefit to anyone.

Until you introduce new level 50 content such as the long overdue promised PVP, level 50+, new high-level adventures I will not purchase a single gem!

World
    Newfoundland
    @Foof
    Ohh Twinkle toes, bless your cotton socks , with regard to the DB thing all i shall say is this: "Two wrongs don't make a right" :P
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

Closed Thread