View Poll Results: Do you agree with this post?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 13.16%
  • No

33 86.84%
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Suggestion / complaint! Granite!!!

World
    Sandycove
    sorry, beanbean, think I got most of lucky loots last week - less left for you ;]
    Actualy, I feel, like I spend more time providing copper to my 3x copper smelters, cause granite is just a byproduct of loots and trade.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpielein View Post

Hint:
    To confirm with at least a 95% certainty whether a granite rate of 50% has actually dropped to 45% or below, you must do at least 377 aventures.
    Put differently, if you do 45 adventures, your hypothesis of "The granite rate has dropped to 45% or below" will be wrong with a 50% probability!

Again, let me challenge you to this one simple thing, not based on player level, but based on mathematics:
    - Have you taken EXACT notes of each adventure you completed and the rewards?
    - Have you done at least 300 adventures before and after, and does the distribution really look different?
    My guild and another guild use a loottracker website (not yet for public use). This means the loots being tracked on thousands of loot drops from all adventures. And what this shows is that even if you may be going through a dry spell, overall the granite drops are within the normal limits, with an even chance of granite or exo logs/salt etc. There is no shortage of granite. With the loottracker it makes it easy to see how much you get, how often, how much everyone is getting. Without keeping exact records, I imagine it is easy to have your perception a little skewed. But there is nothing wrong with the granite drops, or availability.

If you are seriously in need for granite, maybe you need to look more at the adv's you are doing, as some have larger granite drops, or higher rates of dropping. Maybe you need to change your game play, not the game

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Come to think of it I dont think I have ever got granite from a adv or geologist. But I do get small amounts regularly from my Explorer doing treasure searches.....Due to its rarity I rarely (2 or 3 in total) raise a building to the maximum. I am only level 34 so this may have some baring.....

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    I have not had a problem with granite drops from doing advs, sometimes i get a long run of granite then nothing then another run. It is all down to % drops and a bit of luck. Maybe you and your guildies should so a run on Surprise attack as my granite pile grows evrey week. Do 25-50 of them weekly ad i do and you will have enuff even to share.Check out cempires for loot drop %s.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    No, no, no and another no.
    Granite is worthless once you are at the end game. What's the point in getting their sooner.
    As Sharpielein said you get to the stage where you sit on Granite and it just piles up. I've even levelled all weapon lines including cannon to L5, all farms and masons to L6 and I'm still sat on more than I could ever use.

There's far to many people that just rely on trade to boost their economy. I would love it it there was certain products that could only be earned from Adventures and others that could only be earned from Trade - that would help to balance the economy a little.

As Kit_ suggested, if you aint getting Granite from adventures try different adventures.

Reply to Thread