Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Halloween Event 2014

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckless- View Post
    Every second statement here is blatantly wrong. First you claim players set the prices, then you claim it's supply and demand. Make up your mind, which is it? Then you explain how the price for tit ore went up because in the increase in demand. But then you claim the price increase defied logic. Perhaps you should look up the word "logic".
    Firstly the prices defied logic because people were paying 135 pumpkin to get 1000 titanium ore, which helped kill a golem that returned 40 pumpkins. So it is illogical to kill the golem if you can get far more pumpkins on the TO.

Players will set an ever increasing price if the demand is high and will obviously start dropping it rapidly if the demand is low, BB issues no guidance on anything from the prices of loot spots to the price of coal. In fact loot spots would be a good example you try selling an over priced loot spot in trade you soon get shouted down by a number of people telling you the real price and who set that price, the players did.

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    Again, I challenge you to set a price. You claim players can set a price? You're a player, so set any price on any commodity.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    of course players set a price they do with most games example pre halloween bk goes for around 1000gc once the event started the players pushed the price up to 1800 then eventually up to around 2100..this had nothing to do with bb. players seen the increased value and they kept pushing the price and as long as others were willing to pay it that price went up.. thats the same for most item the price guide for newfoundland is set by the players and is adjusted by what ppl are willing to sell and buy for and most of the server uses that guide as a basis for trade
    Again, I challenge you to set a price. You claim players can set a price? You're a player, so set any price on any commodity.

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    I noticed you didn't take me up on my challenge. Thanks for proving my point hades8840!

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    i don't think all players control prices,just the traders in trade channel do,like in real life the elite in society fix the price's and every one else has to pay it if the want that item....but again if your really a silly enough to pay them price's then more fool you...halloween event bk ls 2k lmao greed is rife in game i suppose..but also player don't have total control over prices any way....ie if bb allowed more granite to drop would price still be 3k/1k ?? i think not...so the traders control the price of available resources but bb control the amount of resources....

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    If you had done a lot ( I'm talking 10+) ls a day you would of more than broken even on a bad day and absolutely broken the bank on a good day even paying the 2000 gc for a BK ls if you were on premium. Ls prices are roughly based on what an adventure drops if you suddenly add the possibility of an extra 5400 gc (I was conservative here 135 x 40gc per pumpkin) dropping from an adventure obviously Ls will climb.

World
    Sandycove
    Oh for goodness sake - get over the prices...

It was a good event as far as event go, thank you BB

Our concerns are now what happens next in the game?

World
    Newfoundland
    A week after the event, the economical circumstances will have changed: the demand for tit ore will have dropped. And so the price is down.
    It's the economy [removed] !

Hello Wreckless,

No name calling on the forum please.

Thank you,
    Fexno

I'm glad I missed the back end to this debate and your clever retort Wreckless-

You failed to even see my point and your logic is completely twisted. You talk about in-game economy and its similar behaviour to real life and "that nobody really understands...". I don't think you understand either

All this is about is players exploiting a hole in the titanium ore golem quest. Same logic also applies to pricing titanium ore higher than the actual reward for doing the quest that requires it. This is your "in-game economy" at work, no?

Also challenging someone to make that trade when you couldn't debate the matter instead was laughable.

Stay safe in Northisle! Peace!
    Last edited by JonSnowsHalfBro; 08.11.14 at 19:48. Reason: Missed quotations

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    From the dev diary:
    What happens to the Golem buffs in my Star Menu?
    The production resources will be refunded and the buffs removed. Running productions will be completed (in the allotted time) and the buffs will be refunded as soon as they are transferred to the Star menu.
    This hasn't happened. I still have Holy Water in my star menu. it isn't possible to delete it, sell it or use it so I guess it will stay there until next year or until BB do another Halloween removal patch.

World
    Sandycove
    use them on Mayor house to get the resources refunded

Reply to Thread