Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Halloween Event 2014

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymandeus View Post
    Also considering the fact that it is a Halloween Bonus and post awarded for is a guide to the whole event, it somehow belittles the whole idea to not award Brayarg the extra gems.

+1
    Many thanks Brayarg

+1
    "Small but beautifully formed ” 
    Tombstone Warriors Guild [ZOMBI]
    Apply now (2nd page in your Guild Shield)

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Thanks Brayarg for a great guide.
    +1
    Hope you get some extra gems it would be a travesty if you don't

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hi
    The Trick and Treat will be removed if the event ends?? Please say yes

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Halloween event

I dont know what other's think about this event but for me this is the worst one so far , the first week i only had 1 pumpkin appear on my island , i admit i did'nt find all collectables every time but did average between 80 and 90 % most of the time with 1 100% , 2nd grumble is that in this event explorer's dont find pumpkins and my last moan is the anciant gollum , i've got the first one to appear and to kill it you need 700 titanium ore to win 35 pumpkins , i think that is realy too expensive so i think the gollum can stay on my island till the end of the event , i wont go in to the production time and buffs of the pumpkin field's

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Well there have been lots of negative posts about the number of pumpkins appearing in the collectibles, but please let's put this into perspective:

Brayarg's excellent, and in my humble opinion accurate, prediction about the number of pumpkins collected is "I would estimate people who play lightly but sensibly and are level 36 or above to attain around 4-5k pumpkins from the entire event".

From what I have learnt (and pumpkins they will spend on each), typically people will go for the reaper (1560) and/or as many buildings as they can afford (600+), or if they already have everything will splash out on grout (160).

Even a dedicated player who does 63 collectible searches in the three weeks that pumpkins may appear would still only be able to afford maybe 1 more grout if the number of pumpkins were dramatically increased (i.e. maybe 3 per search). Compare this to Brayarg's estimate and you can calculate it's maximum 5% difference.

As for the Ancient Golem being "too expensive" to kill, that is a victim of the economic state the game has got into - maybe the thinkers among the players should try to come up with sensible suggestions about how to alleviate this problem!

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymousss View Post
    I dont know what other's think about this event but for me this is the worst one so far , the first week i only had 1 pumpkin appear on my island , i admit i did'nt find all collectables every time but did average between 80 and 90 % most of the time with 1 100% , 2nd grumble is that in this event explorer's dont find pumpkins and my last moan is the anciant gollum , i've got the first one to appear and to kill it you need 700 titanium ore to win 35 pumpkins , i think that is realy too expensive so i think the gollum can stay on my island till the end of the event , i wont go in to the production time and buffs of the pumpkin field's
    The collectible aspect is very player specific, I've collected loads on Sandycove but virtually none on Northisle, explorers have never found pumpkins and it would be wrong if every event relied on explorers ( there are many players that would be aggrieved if it was this way). The Golem was fair value upto the Titanium part and BB can't really be held responsible for server economics.

The only thing that might of been beneficial to mid level players would be changing SFTR to DP, but given that if your fairly diligent with trick buffing you get the Reaper with little effort I don't think this has been the worst event by a long margin.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I am not entirely sure why they had Ancient golems spawn on Islands of people lvl 37+ tbh. I honestly cannot afford in anyway to maybe kill 1 top 2 more Ancient golems especially with the Titanium Ore prices inflated to 10 times their original value ... nuts tbh. It's just not affordable for people my level to buy a lot of ls'es either.
    Tbh maybe increase the level next event for Ancient golems (like 40+) or maybe cheaper buffs because 35 times that amount of titanium and of course increasing by 5 every time is just not realistic

World
    Northisle
    Rhylian, we can kill each other's Golems though. We have been doing it successfully in our guild and the owner of the Golem still can complete the quest and obtain the pumpkins.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Point being that means my guildies would have to bear the ever increasing cost of the buffs. Which is ... nuts. 800 Titanium for the 2nd golem. So 900 for the 3rd. And we have at least one more week to go so do the math how much that is. That's just not fair or realistic to ask from your guildies

World
    Northisle
    We knew in plenty of time before the event thanks to Brayarg and his guide. So we saved titanium and bought before the prices went up. We also did check out test for ourselves too. The point also is no one has to 'ask' either.

Reply to Thread