Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Colonies and PvP - Dev Diary

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Markos View Post
    Sorry but loot was unrealistically large on most adventures, especially with premiums, which turned this slow paced game into "do all upgrades in a month game" with trading and tons of coins. Game can finally have a nice balance, only 3 years late imo but better than never
    Well, yes, I do agree that loot was fairly large on some adventures (with the consequence that people ignored all adventures that didn't provide such good loot).
    Unfortunately, a nerf after 11 months of Premium is somehow the final nail in the coffin for most servers.

Imagine starting out on a server where half the population has Level 5 Cannon Production chain: You can't really meaningfully trade for anything because you will have NOTHING that anyone else needs. You'll take a statistical average of 20 loot adventures just to get enough resources to build a level 1 Crossbowmaker. Unfortunately, you will lose roughly 10000 coins doing these adventures - which are hard to bring back since you don't have the granite to upgrade the gold production chain.
    So, while established players are tagging along easily, new players are left down in the dirt.
    With new players being inable to make meaningful progress, they will leave soon, so servers will dry out.

Actually, the loot nerf does bode well for new servers where everyone is on equal footing.
    It doesn't bode well for servers where some players have 50k+ of every resource, including beans and Granite.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortallicus View Post
    On the 26th November (not brave enough for first day ) I am going to start again on another server.
    I would like to see you do that, but please bear in mind all the beginner's mistakes re imbalancement and just continue with upgrading all those messy placed buildings. Also try doing Witch of the Swamp adventure

Please keep us posted of your grand new project, hear you in 5 years when you'll actually be able to make your first BK, Yeeey !

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    Remember, remember the 25th of Nerfvember... the gunpowder (well ok saltpetre) plot
    HOTFIX!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Urgh123 View Post
    I would like to see you do that, but please bear in mind all the beginner's mistakes re imbalancement and just continue with upgrading all those messy placed buildings. Also try doing Witch of the Swamp adventure

Please keep us posted of your grand new project, hear you in 5 years when you'll actually be able to make your first BK, Yeeey !
    I am doing the same, come and join us on Sandycove for the heck of it.

Skilled Student
    ◄◄ Right over there, just behind the corner ►►
    World
    Northisle
    Reply to post #43, of Narcil: "Drop of Island of the Pirates is worthless".

I would reply: [removed] Everything about IotP is worhty!
    [removed]
    You have granite, exotic wood logs and so on dropped there. Its available to all ppls!
    (at least, in few days, i should use IT WAS)

R.I.P. dear game! I will really miss you after the highly unwated update on 25 Nov 2014 occurs.
    All will be so much damaged! DEV-s, I hope you find a better place, after you ruin it all, and people leave your work in the corner.

Hello Kruger_the_Fool,

No insults on the forum please.

Thank you,
    Fexno
    Last edited by Fexno; 22.11.14 at 11:26.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I don't pay for the game so I don't bother commenting as I don't feel I have reason to do that, just wanna say that not expressing yourself on forum doesn't mean you actually are ok with game/changes, I will continue playing the game, for free of course, I'm very happy you offer that option and I respect that and the fact you basically give away paid items during Events, I'm really very thankful for that, but if I ever payed a single Euro I would be all over forum with my comments, this way I don't have a right to express myself that's why I'm silent majority, If my voice means anything at all.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_B View Post
    Remember, remember the 25th of Nerfvember... the gunpowder (well ok saltpetre) plot
    I can see the newsflash now. In breaking news 20 people were slightly injured in the settlers HQ, it would of been more but the building just isn't upgradable.

World
    Sandycove
    I am doing the same, come and join us on Sandycove for the heck of it.
    We'll be waiting for all the noob questions in help tab to help you through it...remember don't over build initially... and follow the quest line for the first 17 levels...oh and there is an excellent guide here to get you started
    All our MOD's are house trained and can be easily distracted by cake if the `rat' hasn't beaten them to it Salem looks fierce but is really a cuddly bunny Come and enjoy the `sunshine server' of Sandycove and let us take you away from the November ( 25th.) blues.
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesavanah View Post
    i can see the newsflash now. In breaking news 20 people were slightly injured in the settlers hq, it would of been more but the building just isn't upgradable.

lmao

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urgh123 View Post

Are you sure?
    More likely will still be wading through the home island unless he/she can afford loads of extra licences to ramp up the weapons production and all that feeds into it, and dare not accidentally click any quest that asks you to give away weapons.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Reply to Thread