Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A new thread by BB to compile a list of currently undesirable adventures or problems

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhylian View Post
    @BlueSavanah. Which part of "These are just examples" didn't you get? I do not know the whole list of adventures which are undesirable and why they are. So instead of critizing me how about you learn to read. Did you by any chance miss this "Then the next response will be from someone having played adventure X and finds it is terrible to do. He then explains as to why it is terrible and then suggests a fix." or the "Example" part right below it. Not to mention: which starcoins? the ones I do not have at lvl 43? ohhhh riiiggghhhtttt. Your reply is rather daft ...
    On top of that BK costs me 1400-1600 recruits actually not 1000-1200. I have done it MANY times and it's with an MMA.
    You should take your own advice and learn to read. I said a SHORT BK.

I used this a lot at your level to generate cash.

ignore typo at bottom should read X3 to DC2

My apologies about star coins but you could get ls to use instead of suiciding cavalry, no idea if that works out better.
    Last edited by Bluesavanah; 12.01.15 at 03:43.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by fishslice View Post
    Something may be very difficult at Level 32 but too easy at Level 50 so who do you please? Take the example of Dark Brotherhood you mention above, this adventure is easy for a L50 who buys a weapon buff or 2 from the Epic shop in exchange for otherwise useless Star Coins and yet that person could do three adventures (if swapping) and have 3 chances for a Witch Tower that can be sold for 50k coins fairly easily or alternatively can sell the 2 loot spots for around 7k coins and still have a much smaller chance of the Witch Tower. Either route they still get a significant boost on their xp / star coins. As such its not an unreasonable adventure.
    Uh, sorry ... nice prices you got on Newfoundland.
    DB sells at around 1800-2500 coins on Northisle, the loot is worse than Roaring Bull (which also drops Witch Tower!) and the latter has significantly lower troop losses as well.

The Star Buffs are limited, but highly useful. On Northisle, a gifted Star Buff sells at 2000+ coins, so in fact, you'd be investing around 4000 coins into the adventure by using 2 Star Buffs, which you can only do once per 2 days.

On the other hand, you could just do an RB, you lose about 300R less, you lose about 500C less, you lose about 4k coins less ... and get the same reward.
    Yeah, no balance problems here anywhere.

One might reasonably argue that RB should be changed to "clear all the camps" to be in line with DB on losses, though: It's just too cheesy as it currently stands.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhylian View Post
    On top of that BK costs me 1400-1600 recruits actually not 1000-1200. I have done it MANY times and it's with an MMA.
    How are you doing it then? Using only recruits?
    If you have Elites and are losing 1k+R, you're doing something seriously wrong.

Here's how I did BK with MMA, not even cannons needed:

Left:
    Block with 61S 128C
    Block with 10R 95E
    Attack boss with 111R 109E (max loss: 111R)

Bottom Sector:
    Block with 10R 95E

Left castle:
    Block with 140C 20E
    Attack boss with 113R 17S 90E (max loss: 113R 17S, often not a single S)

Upper Sector:

Upper right Sector:
    Attack boss with 100R 120X (max loss: 80R or so)

Castle Sector:
    Attack camp1 with 90R 50C 80X (max loss: 80R or so)
    Suicide 100c camp2 with MMA+1R, wait 2h (unless you have 2x MMA)
    Attack camp2 with 10R 140C (max loss: 10C if the MMA didn't take down all C)
    Attack camp3 with 90R 50C 80X (max loss: 80R or so)
    Attack camp4 with 90R 10C 120X (max loss: 80'ish or so)
    Attack castle with 31S 189E (max loss: 31S)

Total loss:
    750-ish R, 48S.
    You can avoid the sacrifice of 31S by swapping to 90R on the castle, then Recruit losses go into 840.

The run clears the entire adventure map and gives 28200'ish XP.

Anyhow, this is not a discussion of BK but about the fact that some adventures are highly undesirable.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Narcil View Post
    i had 9k cannons before Halloween too, then i double swapped bk non stop on prem for 3 weeks, ended up with 75k and ~20 DCs. doesn't take very long.
    Wow,
    BK awarded 150 Cannons in a slot, so if you "doubleswapped" and got 100% Cannon rewards, you'd get 900 Cannons per adventure.
    3 weeks have 21 days, so you did a minimum of 3 adventures per day.
    Since you got ~20DC, which are closer to 4% drop chance, let's assume it was 5%, you did a statistical equivalence of 400 BK including LS in 3 weeks, which is around 20 adventures/LS per day.

I don't know, I thought I'm somewhere on the top of the food pyramid already, but I typically don't do more than 8 adv/LS per day - and that's on weekends, as during the week, I tend to have RL stuff to do. So, the same achievement would have taken me roughly 2 months. Now I feel like a complete noob, since you claim that it doesn't take very long.

As a side note:
    I got 3 DC from lv42-lv50, and I got a total of 7 DC ever. Getting 7 DC *per week* is either extremely lucky or you're simply exaggerating to make a point.
    Yeah, I know there's people who did 3 Fairytales a day, earning them roughly 200k coins a day but that's somewhere outside the norm.

I was glad to earn roughly 100k coins per month before the combat update.
    Now, I earn roughly 100k per week.
    Loot hasn't become worse. The adventures which are valuable have changed.

Witty comment: Bandit Nest costs ~200 Fragments and has a chance to earn a value (based on Northisle prices) of up to 28,000 coins [premium] with an average profit somewhere around 5000. It's the "New Pirates" for highlevels. Oh, and by the way - you don't need even cannons the way I do it.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Narcil View Post
    i had 9k cannons before Halloween too, then i double swapped bk non stop on prem for 3 weeks, ended up with 75k and ~20 DCs. doesn't take very long.
    thats 65k in 3 weeks. i did the same for a week and only gained 5k cannon. 9 DC. seems ive been just generally unlucky with cannon drops then.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    @Sharpielein. I can't and therefore don't block. Your list relies on blocks. Btw I also wrote in this thread I don't and can't block

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpielein View Post
    DB sells at around 1800-2500 coins on Northisle, the loot is worse than Roaring Bull (which also drops Witch Tower!) and the latter has significantly lower troop losses as well.
    DB ls sells quite happily at 2500-3000 on Northisle, loot being worse is subjective without a loot table with accurate percentages to analyse... though you do have a point about the troop loss... I'll give you that!

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymandeus View Post
    DB ls sells quite happily at 2500-3000 on Northisle, loot being worse is subjective without a loot table with accurate percentages to analyse... though you do have a point about the troop loss... I'll give you that!
    Key point being: "Why should you do DB when you can just do RB instead?"
    Not like you can do DB in 30 minutes including travel time, either.

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Key point being: "Why should you do DB when you can just do RB instead?"
    Without the aforementioned loot tables it is impossible to give an answer to that in terms of 'efficiency'. For all we know the drop chance for the Witch Tower could be significantly higher enough to warrant the extra troop cost if extra population is what you require most.

Without that information, I can only answer that question by saying that I'd wager that many of the folks I see complaining about the game being "stale", "boring" and/or "needing new content" are the same folks that spam the same adventures over and over again, because they are the only ones "worth doing".

So, my answer to that question could be summed up with one word: variety

Not like you can do DB in 30 minutes including travel time, either.
    RB in 15 mins from landing using only fast gens... hmmm... you got a guide for that?
    I'm curious to see how much that pushes the losses up.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    @Ozzymandeus :https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...er=false&gid=5
    That's where I got my new stats for the epic buildings from as well.

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...Adventure-Loot

Reply to Thread