Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek: Guild Quest Rework

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by mesentsev View Post
    Let me tell you, BBs. You are introducing too many changes for a short period of time. Many people left the game because they can't accommodate. Others prefer TSO to the regular game. I honestly think that you are ruining it.
    I disagree, the changes are keeping longtime players in game as they now have new stuff to play with, and old players who left have come back to the game. the game needs to evolve or it stagnates.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    If the quests for higher levels here are as per test server there will be a lot of incomplete/cancelled guild quests. 2 days ago I was asked to 'Produce 100 coins'. For those who login once a day that is unachievable as they will not be online when the 100 is produced. Today I got 'Pay 250 carriages' yet we already cancel the Pay 40 carriages quest.

World
    Newfoundland
    there is also a produce 500 titanium quest..
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    there is also a produce 500 titanium quest..
    Worse there is a Codex quest, what hope have you got of doing that one in 24 hours if your caught out and have to make all the manuscripts and tomes needed to make a codex first.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Rewards are now a percentage of the guild members who finished their tasks? Doesn't that mean I get less rewards?
    No. On average you will likely receive at least the same amount of rewards as before.
    On average i can see less guildcoins with those quests

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by inyi View Post
    On average i can see less guildcoins with those quests
    I saw 1 post on test forum saying 15 members had handed in and got 44 ggc as a reward, if this proves to be so, guild quests will just be another useless feature.
    Last edited by Bluesavanah; 28.11.15 at 19:40.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    It is impossible to test this effectively on the test server so I have stopped doing it.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    I saw 1 post on test forum saying 15 members had handed in and got 44 ggc as a reward, if this proves to be so, guild quests will just be another useless feature.
    oh, that's half less of what top group gets now daily...
    BB needs to seriously reconsider this

why is it called a guildquest after this change ? If a huge part of the guild won't do it, due to the crazy things that will be asked ?
    The gq is mandatory in our guil. We can't seriously ask our members to pay that many carriages or even produce a codex !!! The whole idea of working as a team gets messed up if only lower ranks can do it, usually the higher members covered for the crazy *do an adventure losing less than 500 troops* of the lowest ranks.
    I can't possibly expect higher levels to help others out, if they won't even get a reward themself !!!!
    It's a daily quest, with guildcoins as reward, might as well give it a different name

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Another point to consider is that with the emphasis on playing FT advs now there will be far less BK, DP etc loot spots flying around in the guilds so the 'Do 2 Adventures' quests will become a real issue. Many players with smaller armies do vlt over 2/3 days so that mma suicides can reduce their troop losses.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Durin_d View Post
    My offset to GMT/BST is only 2h so I don't completely see how would playing in a different time zone make me have less time to complete a 24h quest. As far as I know we all have 24h in a day. Only difference is when the quest ends and the next one starts. If it happens 0:00 GMT it will be 1:00/0:00 in London, 12:00/13:00 in Auckland, 5:30 in Delhi and 20:00/19:00 in New York. So the player in Auckland has until 12:00 to complete his/her quest and can start a new one right after that. Some cases players not in Europe can complete 2 quest in a day as the change will happen during their playing time but for players in Europe it's during the night.
    We dont have much time where we are all online - so that means less time helping each other and co-operate. For me that is what the guild quest should be about.
    Anyway if someone wants to finish the quest fast - no one is stopping them. Cant find any good reasons why we all have to.

The worst thing about this is not that we might get less qc. Personally I dont care about the coins. Not much I can use them on anyway. Prices in shop are too high to get much out of them.

I am more concerned about what this would mean to the guilds. The only reason I kept playing after reaching level 50 with no new content and doing same adventures over and over, was not the loot or the guild coins, but the guild and the guild members.

I am scared that this will bring pressure and bad vibes into the guilds and pressure to kick passive or not so active members. And maybe even make it hard to have a multinational guild like mine function. I like talking to people from all over the world.
    Last edited by Urd123; 29.11.15 at 12:57.

Reply to Thread