Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek: Guild Quest Rework

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Again it does not seem to make any difference what we think

http://prntscr.com/98o6er

Please stop this guild quest rework feature !

Rethink it to make something that works both for very active guilds and for those who have a life besides playing settlers. Something that can also work for multinational guilds with members from all over the world. There are plenty of very fine ideas in this tread to how that can be done.

If that is not something you want to do - then just please leave it be - don't change it - and use your resources to fix bugs instead

Please stop making us feel like we are talking to a closed door

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Having thought about this a bit more maybe the players have brought these changes on themselves? Large guilds where a few active members gather large numbers of guild coins due to a large number of inactive members have always existed. What has changed is the trade rate of guild coins. It is not so long ago that 1 guild coin was worth about 2 gold coins. With the addition of fish farms, friaries, granite pits etc. in the guild shop the value of guild coins has rocketed, now reaching as much as 1 guild coin being worth about 11 gold coins. Ok, you could say BB caused this by putting those buildings in the guild shop but the players voted them in. There is another thread on the forum discussing the huge numbers of gold coins in the game, maybe this is a first step to addressing that issue? With the current guild quest pay-out system I get at least 400 guild coins a week, which equates to about 4400/4500 gold coins. That is simply not right in terms of game balance.

What is wrong with the proposed system is that it doesn't address the core issue and impinges on the casual players who can only get online for an hour a day. Far better would be to make the number of guild coins paid dependant on the number of players active when that guild quest starts. If BB want to have a faster change of guild quests then go for a 48hr rule maybe? That way the more casual player has time to do 2 adventures. to make 100 gold coins, or whatever the quest may be.

BB do need to remember that this is a game and making it a chore will drive their client base elsewhere.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    Again it does not seem to make any difference what we think

http://prntscr.com/98o6er

Please stop this guild quest rework feature !

Rethink it to make something that works both for very active guilds and for those who have a life besides playing settlers. Something that can also work for multinational guilds with members from all over the world. There are plenty of very fine ideas in this tread to how that can be done.

If that is not something you want to do - then just please leave it be - don't change it - and use your resources to fix bugs instead

Please stop making us feel like we are talking to a closed door
    this is only until the new GQs are put in place. Therefore, GQs will be reset weekly ONLY until the new year...

World
    Northisle
    Did I mention that I hate this idea? It's absolutely awful!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by jollyfog2012 View Post
    this is only until the new GQs are put in place. Therefore, GQs will be reset weekly ONLY until the new year...
    Yes and the new setup for guild quest is simply awfull. That is why they should drop and wait until they make something that works for all of us. Not just the very active guilds with members from same part of the world.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    Yes and the new setup for guild quest is simply awfull. That is why they should drop and wait until they make something that works for all of us. Not just the very active guilds with members from same part of the world.
    I don't quite see why you think guilds with an international set up will do badly. My guild has members from all over the globe, europe, canada, australia, india and many points inbetween. And we manage to complete guild quest daily already. The new set up won't affect our ability to do gq at all.

World
    Newfoundland
    new quests have prod x res for high lvl too. login few h before quest end = unable to complete.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by jollyfog2012 View Post
    never considered that, that's a lot of ggc we're not going to get anymore (2600).

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    I suppose it's expected that we leave the guild if we have to go on holiday and then re-join when we get back. But then you are delayed from guild activity for a while, maybe the people that can invite you are now themselves away, all kinds of possible issues. It would be better to have a vacation mode.
    Besides having a nearly full time job, now in addition to that is "No vacation to guild leaders - ever !"
    (just a tiny sarcasm)

in addition:
    I'm being strongly against the changes being done in this manner with really no support from the player base and i'm absolutely sure the majority of my guildmates are having the same stand. The GQ system should have to get changed but setting this minimum time frame to complete is at the border of one insanely bad joke told by a madman !
    Quests are even now well off balance with the current system (although we're already got used to them and digging our way through quite efficiently) but this is certainly not the way to implement changes that will lead to immense changes in guilds on all servers.
    Furthermore, guild's management is unable to respond to this challenge as we have no sufficient data and the changes that might rain havoc upon our casual members are being put up at our very doorstep !!!
    Social aspects of the game seem to be entirely neglected while considering those changes too. Many of us are here for socializing in the first place and the gaming follows it, many of us do not want to get under too much guild quest pressure (and pressure we will most surely receive if this happens - daily !)
    so one might get under impression the Devs are trying to make a hard core and stressful game out of an easy paced and relaxing game (almost sandbox) we love so much solely because of that !
    Not to sound only in negative way i do cheer changes and we really need some but please please please do it thoughtfully and not in such manner that will get us hit by something below the quality of a half-product...
    On the other hand, terrible lag, game freezes, reducing time to visit other islands and server response should clearly have a priority but appears they belong to the other basket far back in the corner.
    Last edited by Urgh123; 02.12.15 at 03:24.

World
    Newfoundland
    i think this proposal needs more work in order to be fair to the more casual player. It is good that there is apparently some recognition that it needs improvement. But it would appear to penalise players that only have a few hours a day (or less) to spend playing. I think you should look more closely at what we already have and address the quests themselves not the mechanics of how they are implemented. Which although not perfect, we are used to and have learned to live with.
    One of the main features of this game is the very fact that you can just log in, buff a few things and leave if you're not in the mood. I think you should give this aspect of the game much more value and ensure it is preserved.

Reply to Thread