View Poll Results: Event Resources or Guild Coins?

Voters
2567. You may not vote on this poll
  • Event Resources

1,503 58.55%
  • Guild Coins

448 17.45%
  • I am fine with both options

616 24.00%
Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Guild Quest Rewards: Guild Coins vs Event Resources during events

World
    Sandycove
    I was also expecting footballs - I was very surprised to see the coins. I thought maybe it would take beyond the first day but it still appears to be coins.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    where are my footies??

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    I assume BB just totally forgot about giving fb for guild quests during this event. No mod or community manager has come in and said " we will pass this on to the dev team" as I reckon they have been instructed to just keep quiet about it.

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    my thoughts too. I did speak to the CM in whisper, can't quote that, but the gist was "it was not part of the event". No explanation as to why though.
    HOTFIX!

World
    Newfoundland
    just got in-game answer from BB_RobinHood: "This event will not have footballs and such in GQ rewards"

I feel cheated...
    BB almost killed my guild, but if you wanna join:

Newfoundland
    Green Thumb Crew [R-RZ]

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...rew-Recriuting

World
    Northisle
    The lack of footballs in the GQ rewards is vastly unfair when this poll/post strongly implicates it would be added as a direct result of player feedback. The introductory post says "Would you like to receive Guild Coins or Event Resources as a reward for completing guild quests during special events like the Easter Event 2016?".

Footballs absolutely should have been included in the GQ rewards- there is no doubt that the football event is "like Easter".

Why do this poll or ask for player opinions if you have no intention to keep your word?

It makes a mockery of the poll imo.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_B View Post
    Better communication in this context would mean, *not* creating a player poll that speaks generally about events (plural), acting upon the results of that poll in the last event and then apparently reversing (or most likely forgetting) that decision without informing players in the numerous communications about the event.
    This would mean, that there has to be a poll for every single event, which should get the guild coins replaced with event resource. And I still miss the point, where BB didn't react based on the poll. The poll didn't state, event resources replacing guild coins in every single event, starting with Easter. And it seems I am the only one, who got it this way.

Given the context which is it? what they say or what they do not? Thanks for patronising btw
    What they said: "it is possible to change the rewards during events into event resource", "you would get event currency instead of guild coins", which clearly states not both at the same time. "an option to select the reward is not possible at the moment"
    They didn't say: "it will be executed for each single event, starting from now", "an option to select the reward will never be included"

Oh and btw. I am allowed to patronize myself, right? Because I never said you or anyone else should behave the same way.

The only assumption made here is that when the Dev's implemented the thing that we voted in favour of (in a poll of their making), that they would continue to do so from that point. The vote was specifically worded "Events" plural, not "this Easter Event we thought you might like a one-off change..."
    [/QUOTE]

I am with you. There is a better way to communicate. When you set up a poll, you have to pay attention to every single word. And if possible try to clarify all open questions as soon as possible.

My 2 cents to this: Can I change, how BB communicates? No.
    What am I able to change? How I percieve a message!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Did they say Easter events only, no. Did they say some events, no.

The thing here is we have a multi-lingual community on our servers, this means more care has to be taken in the way their statements are phrased. All to often we see confusion over exactly what they meant from what they said. As a result we see different camps forming over which interpretation of their statements is the correct one, the thing is unless they issue a clarification we have no way of knowing which interpretation is right.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    As soon as the dev diary was published I asked as 1st line of feedback if guild quests would be event based for euros, got no reply and still had none.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Did they say Easter events only, no. Did they say some events, no.

The thing here is we have a multi-lingual community on our servers, this means more care has to be taken in the way their statements are phrased. All to often we see confusion over exactly what they meant from what they said. As a result we see different camps forming over which interpretation of their statements is the correct one, the thing is unless they issue a clarification we have no way of knowing which interpretation is right.
    And here the question: Is there a way I can change it? Everything else doesn't really matter.
    Last edited by Loomy; 15.06.16 at 20:56.

Reply to Thread