Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Guild Quest Rework - Dev Blog

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Do these changes mean that kicking inactive players is encouraged?
    Absolutely not. In our perspective, playing in a guild is about having a good time with friends and people, and cooperate towards a common goal. These changes to the Guild Quest system should not affect the way you interact or play with your guild mates.
    this is a load of rubbish, as a guild leader i have already removed the non active player and the one that come on once a week for the greater rewards of the guild and active players

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I arrive home, play for an hour or so and then do more work. Complete the Nords as a GQ or experience 2 new adv is not happening. Even as a loot spot, quite often I am the only one logged in. GQ has become such a chore as I feel I need to quit the guild. Ill-conceived and a game spoiler.

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    No one in our guild has ever been and never will be kicked for not doing the guild quests.
    We are multi national with a few based in the Philippines , Australia/New Zealand and America.
    2 Australians have arrived back in the last couple of days having been away for 3 months. We are loyal to any game player that at least logs on regularly and has the courtesy to explain they may be away for a long time. Any that just disappear suddenly we also give as long as we can comfortably.

Each day the numbers completing has increased as the different time zones fit in fully to a 24 hour window. No one has been pressed to do their quest. All know it is their choice. All we are going to do is to ensure that all those that want guild coins do have a fair chance of a reasonable amount however difficult it may be for them. We will ensure they have VLT lootspots for example and help with resources to build their chains. Funnily enough, but not surprising to me, treating members with respect, trust and giving them choices has the opposite effect than I am sure some of you would expect.

56 members had completed their quest with approx 6 hours to go today and this included the two Australians that have returned . To my knowledge no one has gemmed their quest. Of course there were a few moans in the first day or two but we are now getting into the stride. We believe in wait and try before you cry. If people help each other much can be achieved. Thanks to another thread in here we know most of the quests that can arrive so many of us are preparing in advance.

So thank you BB no crying here.
    Last edited by Mortallicus; 22.01.16 at 21:14. Reason: typo

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I don't play this game to do the GQ. GQ is an annoying, distracting chore like rebuilding wells, mines and fields that I have to do before I can start playing the game: developing my island, working on levelling up, starting an adv that is going to take me a few days. Since I started getting GQ's like complete the Nords or experience 2 adv this makes it the main purpose of playing the game. Let me play the game as I see it - please don't direct the short amount of time I have.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by MyTeaMouse View Post
    I don't play this game to do the GQ. GQ is an annoying, distracting chore like rebuilding wells, mines and fields that I have to do before I can start playing the game: developing my island, working on levelling up, starting an adv that is going to take me a few days. Since I started getting GQ's like complete the Nords or experience 2 adv this makes it the main purpose of playing the game. Let me play the game as I see it - please don't direct the short amount of time I have.
    Then just ignore the guild quests. Its easily done - with these production ones i forget to go back and click complete for ages so I do not think they are in our faces All games i have played have different aspects to them, if you wish you can go on raids, battle grounds , arenas etc and its totally your choice its the same here. In those games too you achieve equipment you wont get elsewhere in the game. At least here you can trade for guild coins if you wish.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Good point, good advice - I have stopped crying already. If it is on my chores list I tend to do it. I need to learn to ignore them. I can kick the habit. Incidentally, my guild leader has already pointed out that he is not expecting all GQ's to be done. It's just me.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by MyTeaMouse View Post
    Good point, good advice - I have stopped crying already. If it is on my chores list I tend to do it. I need to learn to ignore them. I can kick the habit. Incidentally, my guild leader has already pointed out that he is not expecting all GQ's to be done. It's just me.
    Good to hear
    "Small but beautifully formed ” 
    Tombstone Warriors Guild [ZOMBI]
    Apply now (2nd page in your Guild Shield)

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    the cost of doing the guild quest has got a lot more expensive and because the guild im in only has 2 active player's the reward is a joke , i think it's better to get out of the guild and aquire guild coins in the market place , 3 year's ive been playing settler's , i will be surprised if im still here in 3 month's if this is where the game is going

World
    Northisle
    Sean14, I understand you feel that way but why not just join a more active guild or stay where you are and trade? The game in 3 years has improved vastly. Of course i miss players that have left and sometimes feel a bit nostalgic but that is just life things change. I think it would be very sad if you gave up because of something you do not have to get involved in at all.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    "waiting quest" back please.
    We need to know what the next quest is about. so we maybe can prepair for it
    (like if we had to make fishfood, we had to empty Provision house before next quest start)

maybe let some or all GQ last 48 h. It is not easy to do them when we also had to sleep, work, eat, play with our kids, kiss wife..ect....

Fasting
    ......keep up the good work ( you had me caught for nearly 1 year now )

Reply to Thread