Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Guild Quest Rework - Dev Blog

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I would like to express my disappointment about guild quests. Not for the completion or the reward but for the quest (kind of materials asking..expensive). I wonder if it worth doing. Same is for daily quests.
    Please have in mind that the production rate and the cost is not the same for all players of the same level

World
    Newfoundland
    I think you have this wrong.

The quests are (so far) more expensive than before. Also before we had an option to just use gems, and i still might if the price had not gone up so much. So now i just won't do it and EVERYONE in the guild will lose coin. This makes no sense to me.

I don't understand why you value the guild coins so high, or why your trying to push the value.

The cost of at least some of the quests compared to the value of the coins you might gain IF everyone does the quest is a net loss for the player. So why will i do these?

No matter what happens bigger guilds WILL get more guild coins. So now i must leave this guild and find a much bigger one.

The 24 hr clock takes no measure of MY OWN Timezone. This means i do not get 24 hrs. I don't suppose many do. Why is that? is it so very difficult to do ? The chat box thing seems to be able to cope.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    Some of the new quests for players over level 50 are very hard or even impossible to do for many - and are probably worst for those in the low end of interval ( 51-52 ).

But for players at level 50 or below the only difference is that they now can get quests that in old system was for certain guild sizes. That means that now players in big guilds can get quests that in old system was given to small guilds ( easier than those they used to get ) - and players in small guilds can get quests that was for big guilds ( harder than they used to be).

some lvl 50+ players think having to pay 100 granite is to expensive - but in old ( and new ) system a lvl 46 ( or maybe 47 ) can have to pay 40 cannon - I think that a harder quest.

with or without new system, BB had to make new quests for players above lvl 50. Now we got them and I hope some of them are adjusted or completely changed to make it possible to complete in less than 24 hours. ( I think 12 hours should be maximum considered players are from very different timezones ).

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    Today i could not complete my guild quest any other way then gemming it. It was because I had no manuscripts in stock , well just 2 and I had to produce a tome. So I am ensuring I have manuscripts in stock. Plus some glue of course.

I am also ensuring i have a stock of meat deposits, fish deposits, aunt irmas and i am keeping all my production at least just trickling and buffed.

The guild quests (production) start when the appropriate building is running not when you come online. So its entirely feasible for you to come online and find the production bar up to the top on the quest. So with the bouncing then of a trade for the other part could be done in just a minute or two.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortallicus View Post
    Today i could not complete my guild quest any other way then gemming it. It was because I had no manuscripts in stock , well just 2 and I had to produce a tome. So I am ensuring I have manuscripts in stock. Plus some glue of course.

I am also ensuring i have a stock of meat deposits, fish deposits, aunt irmas and i am keeping all my production at least just trickling and buffed.

The guild quests (production) start when the appropriate building is running not when you come online. So its entirely feasible for you to come online and find the production bar up to the top on the quest. So with the bouncing then of a trade for the other part could be done in just a minute or two.
    not true, i have had my production quests only start when i have come online

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit_ View Post
    not true, i have had my production quests only start when i have come online
    it is true, we had one to produce 500 exo planks or something like that, it was almost done when i came online

now i wonder if it was triggered because others already did the buff part
    Last edited by inyi; 23.01.16 at 18:58.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    I've been considering to disband my own guild and join an active one for the guild quest, but no, not anymore.

I'm level 51, and if I understand correctly, I may be required to produce a lot of stuff that takes a lot of time, and I'd probably have to buy the raw materials first, at least for some things. And doing specific FT advs means I probably won't have time to start and finish it myself (if I even have the adv, which I probably do not), and buying expensive loot spots just to complete a quest, is just not gonna happen. And spending 100+ gems to complete a quest? Absolutely not!

And for what? Currency to spend at a guild market that rarely have things I would even consider buying, and where everything is insanely overpriced...

For me, guild quests just went from slightly interesting, to a feature I'll completely ignore.

No thanks, BB.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by inyi View Post
    it is true, we had one to produce 500 exo planks or something like that, it was almost done when i came online

now i wonder if it was triggered because others already did the buff part
    interesting, i suspect that the quest is supposed to start counting production from when you come online/become active, but that someone visiting you/buffing you will also trigger it. This needs checking into, and could be a good way for certain players who are lacking in time to do certain quests to get these quests done, just organise with a friend for them to buff you early in the morning to get things done by the time you login in the evening.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Same thing happened to me, the 300 exo planks was already done when I logged in today.

World
    Sandycove
    I'm sorry to have to say this, but the Guild Quest Rework is seriously unbalancing the game in favor of larger guilds. The rework is making the game much less fun for smaller guilds and even a very active but small guild will lose out on a TON of Guild Coins due to this change.

A practical example: In a small but active guild, members would get upwards of 70 Guild Coins per day, same as in any other guild able to complete their quests. And if there was a particularly unfavorable Guild Quest, leaders could cancel it for the entire guild to get a different one.

With these changes, I can no longer actively cancel a Guild Quest, I have to wait for it to time out before a new one is assigned. And even if my guild completes the quest, the guild members of this small guild are getting at most around 20 Guild Coins per completed quest, which is a THIRD of what everyone was getting before the rework, while as stated members of a large guild can get a good bit more than 200 Guild Coins for a completed quest. How is this "balanced"?

Again, I'm sorry, this "rework" is a major fail and should be rolled back or properly implemented as soon as possible to eliminate the difference in Guild Coin income between larger and smaller guilds, a difference that did not exist prior to this rework, in addition to making active cancelling of Guild Quests possible again and making it known which Guild Quest is next in line.
    XzavieR
    Northern Direwolves Beta

Reply to Thread