Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Change Log - 04/02/2016

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    I will be interested to see the impact of this on completion of guild quests. We have a large number of members of the guild who log-in briefly before work to get any production quests started, to send troops to vlt etc, would appear that will no longer be able to happen. Thoughts please BB?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    I would say Lordloocan has hit the nail on the head.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknat View Post
    I am struggling with the concept of no maintenance when the game is now going to be shut down between 7 and 11 am Wednesday, maintenance at night never affected me or the vast majority of players this does.
    I appreciate the lack of the normal down time on Tuesday, but I would like to see a little more notice of when the game will be unavailable since we can't plan otherwise.
    Last edited by Xibor; 03.02.16 at 20:18.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    I will be interested to see the impact of this on completion of guild quests. We have a large number of members of the guild who log-in briefly before work to get any production quests started, to send troops to vlt etc, would appear that will no longer be able to happen. Thoughts please BB?
    Yes of course - there is that too.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    People amaze me, loads are having difficulty with locked zones, BB hopefully have come up with a fix and folks are now moaning they are acting too promptly. They've already said this isn't a weekly thing, it will be done as and when content or fixes are applied.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yeah I agree that people never seem to be happy. We are getting fixes and updates a lot faster now and updates were said somewhere to last a couple of hours average so not a big deal. You are taking the game too seriously if worrying about non regular, few hours downtime possibly ruining some random guild quest. How was the old 6-10 hour downtime any better? it was actually even worse for non UK only guilds.

Regular maintenance's were probably mostly lengthy and unmanned database integrity preservation and optimization tasks/scripts that were followed by game updates in the morning when needed. Those updates probably happened the around same time as the current schedule is.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    People amaze me, loads are having difficulty with locked zones, BB hopefully have come up with a fix and folks are now moaning they are acting too promptly. They've already said this isn't a weekly thing, it will be done as and when content or fixes are applied.
    Yep, completely right there. Amazed how the "morning people" bleat about 2 hours downtime when the "night people" have had to endure 7+ hours out of their time every week since BB abandoned the much more sensible 7am to mid-day maint in 2012.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    Yep, completely right there. Amazed how the "morning people" bleat about 2 hours downtime when the "night people" have had to endure 7+ hours out of their time every week since BB abandoned the much more sensible 7am to mid-day maint in 2012.
    Oh yes, as you say. And also interesting how you streatched your two hours between 7 and 11 am. It helps to refresh some math skills while bleating.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    Oh yes, as you say. And also interesting how you streatched your two hours between 7 and 11 am. It helps to refresh some math skills while bleating.
    Last time I looked at the maths books both 2 and 4 are less than 7
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    what a stupid time to do maint...right in middle of day when loads of players are on...doh!!
    also what about my buffed production that now will end 2hrs into this maint??...i am going to lose out...
    if your goner do random maint why cant it be done 1:15am on tuesdays so every one knows when so we can organise our buffs around it....
    lack of thought it seems again from an incompetent management team!.....

Reply to Thread