Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Easter Event 2016 Dev Diary

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit_ View Post
    People seem to be focusing a lot on the reduced egg drops and not looking at the ones that have had an increase. Here are the ones with more eggs, after the test change, for the lower lvl players:
    Tropical Sun - OLD: 0 - 20 - 50 Eggs NEW: 0 - 36 - 50 Eggs
    Sleeping Volcano - OLD: 0 - 20 - 50 Eggs NEW: 0 - 30 - 50 Eggs
    The Dark Priests - OLD: 0 - 10 - 25 Eggs NEW: 0 - 15 - 25 Eggs
    The Buccaneer Roundup - OLD: 0 - 13 - 33 Eggs NEW: 0 - 40 - 70 Eggs

Higher lvls may be spamming BK most the event, I would recommend lower lvls to spam Buccaneer Roundup.
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    Btw where did you get this info? Everywhere I look its NEW: 0 - 15 - 25 Eggs which is slightly less than old.
    +1 to topgearfan there. Did they changed again the drop on the test server for the Buccaneer Roundup?
    Anyway we can't compare a co-op with a multiplayer adv Kit.
    A level 36 player would need to lose (if he got crossbow and only tavern general) 394R+38M for each B.Roundup without the possibilty to swap the loot spot.
    each loot spot means another chance to get the average drop (if drop is 0 with 25% -15 with 55% - 25 with 20% probability then the average is 13 eggs!
    [but of course then theory and reality are far from each other so we might expect even less if we are unlucky or more than that if we are very lucky on total at the end of the event]
    while the averge drop on Roaring Bull instead is 0-45-90 so on average 43 eggs for only 874 Recruits lost for an high level player with 2MMA who knows how to use blocks! 43 egg average drop for 2 extra loot spot if he swap them! and a better loot of course with the probability of a witch tower that can be sold for even more eggs! WHAT BALANCE BB!! wake up!!

About the other adventures Kit mention..they are not so common adventure. An high level player might have stashed hundreds of each over the year but a low level no way he ahd the time or means to!
    The adventure who are relevant for them are the most common and accessible one such Witch of the Swamp or Stealing from the Rich (both also available on the merchant). Both adventure egg drop have been cutted in half!
    So if in my personal experience as a level 36 last easter event who barely manged to get his MMA (and just that one!) working hard (but not 24/7 on the game of course) we can suppose that this easter event even with the extra egg dropping from the guild quest (How many by the way? anyone know?) a level 36 player will have to work double to achieve the same or spend more gems!

If we want to push more new player to leave then BB is on the right path!
    One BIG suggestion on how to make money for BB. Instead of making life more hard for the new player reintroduce the Architect box!
    Name: Buff Surprise
    Type: Mystery / Surprise Box
    Description: Provides a randomly chosen buff (amongst others: coal/iron/gold re-filler, Rabbit Lucky Charm, Cookies, etc.).
    Price: 89 Gems
    The Mistery easter box that is on the merchant this year only give buff that can be bought for cheap on the trade office while the Architect box would had give access to Special Buiding!

BB be smart! check with your old players before ruining this game!
    Last edited by Sir_Galavant; 03.03.16 at 22:40.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    and I just noticed this!!
    Name: Bastille Island
    Type: Mini Adventure (Level 42)
    Description: A new Mini Adventure for one player
    Price: 35 Stripy Eggs!!
    but the drops are 0-20-50 so on average 21egg! [same for Rctic Explosion]

ROFL! Do BB know the math or he think his players are all morons?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Galavant View Post
    but the drops are 0-20-50 so on average 21egg! [same for Rctic Explosion]

ROFL! Do BB know the math or he think his players are all morons?
    And how can it still be new - they introduced it last year.

World
    Newfoundland
    A bit on the (new casual player) balancing.
    Last Easter some BB_ said something along the lines of that their goal is for a player to be able to buy the most expensive item in the event. Maybe someone can find the exact quote.
    Well I have tried to simulate a new casual player during events on Sandycove and Northisle since Halloween. During that event I was able to buy Dracula on one but only with some help from guild. On the other I had to settle with Grim.
    Christmas I would have only got the rarity house and the Irmas feast recipe. It would have been close but my nature got the better of me and with moderate trading I was able to buy rph+most of the recipes, santa and 2-3 watermills.
    In conclusion I would say that without help it can be a struggle to achieve the goal BB_ set in their balancing philosophy.
    Now I believe that philosophy was already applied to last years Easter. No idea how that goal is supposed to be reached this year with adventures dropping only half the eggs.

I guess heavy trading is the only option for new players to buy more than 1 general..
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Galavant
    but the drops are 0-20-50 so on average 21egg! [same for Arctic Explosion]
    And how can it still be new - they introduced it last year.
    yes they introduced it last year but they increased "a bit" the egg drop with last maintenance on test server but still on average the probability is lower than what it cost so a BIG FAIL. When fixing the drop they should had incremented it even more.

All those avventures (Arctic Explosion, Bastille Island, Garrun, etc..) for sale for gems or eggs cost more of what they would give you on average!
    One would had thought while "re-balancing" they would had took the issue into consideration instead they didn't lol

Maybe BB team need a refresh of math. any math teacher here who can help them

[Removed]

Please don't use insulting language.
    Last edited by MOD_Houri3; 04.03.16 at 13:15.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    All i see is pages of moaning, come on folk
    exsporers,quests, collectables,adventures and mini quests on island, new items and buildings, omg so much.....all in all its adding more to game and its FREE to do, yes FREE lolz
    Once again BB thanks for your effort, im gona enjoy this event

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem_Warrior_1 View Post
    All i see is pages of moaning, come on folk
    exsporers,quests, collectables,adventures and mini quests on island, new items and buildings, omg so much.....all in all its adding more to game and its FREE to do, yes FREE lolz
    Once again BB thanks for your effort, im gona enjoy this event
    Whilst I agree with the basic sentiment Salem some people's event isn't quite as easy as it is for players such as you and I, it doesn't harm for people to vent a little.
    Last edited by Bluesavanah; 08.03.16 at 23:43.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    The event will come, there will be some moaning, then it will settle down, then there will be more moaning towards the end, then some venting on here and then we will see the moaning ready for Halloween, have to love it. Roll on the Christmas moans, bah humbug in readiness.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    The event will come, there will be some moaning, then it will settle down, then there will be more moaning towards the end, then some venting on here and then we will see the moaning ready for Halloween, have to love it. Roll on the Christmas moans, bah humbug in readiness.
    No june moaning for football event? or will it be a july moaning for olympic games?

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazony View Post
    No june moaning for football event? or will it be a july moaning for olympic games?
    settlers doesn't do the Olympics.

soccer moan's probably start with something to do with lucky explorer at a guess.

Reply to Thread