Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Easter Event Quest : The Mine Worker

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland

Easter Event Quest : The Mine Worker

Quest requires : Have 1 level 5 Gold Mine(s) on your Island.

I have level 6 special gold mines on my island but the quest doesn't recognise these ?

Does this quest require us to delete LvL6 special gold mine and industrial mines just to build a basic LvL 5 gold mine ?

If so are we going to be sent a replacement special/industrial mine and also all the gold that has been place in said mine ?

Or is this an actual bug and will be corrected ?

World
    Newfoundland
    if all the gold depos are occupied with special gold mines or industrial mines this is indeed rather inconvenient.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    There are 8 gold deposits on the home island. You say you have 6 special gold mines, so that leaves 2 vacant places for a normal gold mine

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    So your saying if all my deposits were taken with specials or industrial I would have to demolish, if that's the case that is completely stupid, a LvL6 mine is higher and should recognise this as such and the quest completed.
    It would be completely unfair to ask players to delete mines of greater value especially if said mines were all industrial as they have to be bought or is it the case were we are operating on a unfair playing field and players who have industrial mines it works for ?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    It's the same as when a quest asks for a copper mine. It has to be a copper mine and not an Unlimited copper mine.
    Or the quest that asks for a wheat field and not a medium wheat field.
    There are a few other quests that ask for a specific item where another item won't fulfill the requirements.

World
    Newfoundland
    yeah but what still Daz i think if i have all gold deposit occupied with industrial mines and lets say 30-50k of gold ore inside so this quest is reckless fully.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Given the mods reply then I take it you just want your cake and eat , because if your saying players who have spent gems and built on all the mines that they will have to now demolish said mines and spend more gems to get the mine they have just demolished just to complete a small task...........................well done for coming up with yet another reason why players won't buy gems and a way to alienate yet more players.

World
    Sandycove
    This does seem odd to me. In the same way when there is a quest to have a well, but you have to build the level 1 well because the level 2 well you already have in place doesn't work. There are a few examples like that.
    It seems logical that Copper Mine = anything that ends with "copper mine" continuing for all mine types. Giving people a reason to not spend gems just so they have an open space for each mine type 'just in case' is silly.

This should be corrected OR the names changed to make it very clear that a mine is NOT and mine in some cases for the purposes of quests/achievements
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Sandycove
    This is a rather old issue but the BB folks still insist on this kind of quests despite the fact it will cause potential problems, as above...
    Is it too hard to change the quest script ?

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD_Daz View Post
    It's the same as when a quest asks for a copper mine. It has to be a copper mine and not an Unlimited copper mine.
    Or the quest that asks for a wheat field and not a medium wheat field.
    There are a few other quests that ask for a specific item where another item won't fulfill the requirements.
    So what you are saying is that we can spend gems on premium items, but have to lose that item in order to take part in an event. I can't think of anything to put me off spending money on gems (and I have) than this comment!

Reply to Thread