Reply to Thread

Thread: Granite and Exotic Wood

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Granite and Exotic Wood

I agree that with game progression, resources, quests, etc, become harder to get or complete.
    Otherwise the game would just be the same in every level, but the costs of higher tier buildings is just completely absurd.
    I play the settlers since the 4th game and i'm just loving The Settlers Online but after some leveling, i start needing like a month just to gain 1 lvl.
    Hardcore settlers probably deny that and say they only need a few days, but as a casual player i felt the need to create my 1st post and comment on this subject.
    Same happens in the events like the last one, wich the game developers said "Would be accessible to all low and high rank players" and the only thing to actualy accomplish that quote was that lame daily find items quest, cause the chain quest was too demanding after the first 2/3 missions, wich oviously favoured older servers with more higher ranked players, despite the server fusions that ocorred.
    I think that some things in the game should be reviewed, in order to sponsor a delightfull adventure to all players and not just the pro's like the settlers has always done b4 the online version.
    Thank you for your time and patience in reading this post,
    Madmastermind

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Shame you started on 4, you missed the best 2 (and luckily the worst as well).

Granite and Exotic wood were another set of goalposts that got moved, before vanishing into the ether.
    There was, in the game, provision for granite mines and titanium mines, available at Level 52. As things progressed, it became clear that Level 50 was to be classed as "end of game" (BB's words, not mine, read the update as the game loads).
    Several other nifty looking features also vanished, like being able to "send army" to a friend's island, guess somebody didn't like the idea of us helping each other to clear our own islands.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Personally, I think Settlers IV was the best. I just feel so sorry for DarkRomeo that so soon after discovering Settlers, he was exposed to the pointless horror of 'Heritage of Kings'.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    The saving grace is that he missed the horror of III
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Reply to Thread