Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blocked players

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove

Question Blocked players

I wonder, why when i have a player blocked, he can still see and take my offers in Trade Office? That's very annoying . Today i was selling a lootspot via Trade Office(fish for coins) and one of the players in my block list bought it - so i had to make effort to give the coins back ( filtered ). The coins are not the problem here. I just don't want to communicate with this players - that's why they are in my block list .

Also i have to ask - if such a player buys again lootspot from me via Trade Office in future, and i keep the coins( will give them to one lucky noob) is this a scam? Because probably next time I will do exactly that . I don't need this coins, I just don't want to bother with "smart" players. They are in my block list for a reason.

I can post list with the players blocked from me - so they can be warned (if they check the forum ), but i think that it is not allowed.

Reason: please stay polite at all time
    Last edited by Bfreak; 28.03.15 at 12:52.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeePowered View Post

remove some hate and give them the lootspot they paid for
    Thank you for your opinion, but in the future i won't do that.

Let me explain you the thing like that.One of my guildes bought a lootspot from other player - the seller finished the adventure without him ,so no loot for my friend. On question "Why you have finished the adventure before i made my kill ?" the seller's answer was" The other player(looter) told me that you made a kill". My friend didn't got any loot or refund...and he blocked this player(seller).

If you had experience same like my firend(i hope that you will never get such a miracle ) you will block this player and you will never want to see him again,i'm 100% sure.

As you see, there are no names in my post, so what you are talking about?
    I had a problem and i had to do something that i don't want,that's why my question is here. Your words are not answer
    Last edited by Bfreak; 31.03.15 at 11:35.

World
    Newfoundland
    pretty sure if other player reports with evidence you will be guilty of scam.
    but if a player is on your chat and mail ignore list how would he even contact you? that may be your best defence.
    also interesting would be to mention the exclusion of sale to certain players in the selling advert. technically that is not naming and shaming?
    Last edited by topgearfan; 01.04.15 at 08:05.

Wordsmith
    World
    Northisle
    I remember when BB/mods said if you don't agree with someone offers you can ignore him.
    Also in same time we have this http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...Trade-Scammers

conclusion: Ignore options is joke and if you use ignore options you can have big problems (of course bb don't care)

Both moderation and tips on how to get other users in trouble are not be discussed on the forum. Thank you!
    Last edited by BB_Ravel; 01.04.15 at 14:53.
    BB don't understand their own game

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    I don't want people on my blocked list to be able to have anything to do with me either, what if you have blocked someone for bullying if you were a young player, I doubt you would want to deal with them if they bought a lootspot.. then again I suppose they could sell it but would be restricted to being whispered by those wanting to buy it

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by corona88 View Post

Ignore options is joke and if you use ignore options you can have big problems
    Well it looks like it is. The only possible way to avoid such problems in the future is to sell lootspots only to friends. As i do colonies that will reduce my potential customers a LOT.I think that after we have this block option - the players in our block list should not be able to see our offers/trades.

Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    but if a player is on your chat and mail ignore list how would he even contact you? that may be your best defence.
    I can send mails to the players who are in my block list, and i guess that they can do the same
    Last edited by Bfreak; 01.04.15 at 18:12.

World
    Newfoundland
    If players who are in your Mailbox under Blocked Players can send you mails then its surely a bug..

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    If players who are in your Mailbox under Blocked Players can send you mails then its surely a bug..
    Maybe....I know only one way for blocking players - with " /ignoreadd " command. I can see them with " /ignoreshow " command, but when I click on "blocked players" in my mailbox - nothing there .

World
    Newfoundland
    blocking players in mail is a separate option to the ignore command

/ignoreadd will stop you from seeing that person in chat, they can however still see you, so can see any trades you may put in trade tab.

to block mails from the same person, you first must have a mail from that person, then click on it, and then open context menu, and choose block sender. They then can also not mail you anymore.

World
    Newfoundland
    I think that blocked/ignore added players shouldn't even be able to the trades of the one who blocked/ignore added them.

Reply to Thread