Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Settlement is a mess

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

Settlement is a mess

I have a hard time, figuring out the calculator.

Is it not the best, to have as many green +'s, so the production value exceeds your actual need? The main problem must be, if you go in red, so the production which needs the red numbers come to a halt?
    Furthermore, I have a problem, collecting pinewood logs(raw). I put my cutters to a halt, and it still takes ages for the foresters to replant new trees. Is the ratio cutter:forrester 2:3?

I cannot use excel, so I use the spread sheet on castleempiresim.com, but how do you take into consideration the time they travel between workshop and storage? It only uses production time, which gives an false image to the actual production per hour.

Hope someone can help me get some answers.

/Z

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer Nukar's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Your ration 2:3 is correct. In general the cutter and forrester are close to eachother so the travel times should not differ to much.
    As in the green + and reds... Aspecially at 1st do not expect your economie to keep up with your needs. But do try to balance it all so you dont end up with say 1k stone and no wood.

World
    Newfoundland
    theres a program called openoffice which is free, you can use that and you can use the spreadsheet.
    GuildLeader of TSO Addicts!

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    My only real problem, is the damn wood supply. My foresters cannot keep up with my cutters, even though the ratio cutter:forester 1:2...

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefroid View Post
    My only real problem, is the damn wood supply. My foresters cannot keep up with my cutters, even though the ratio cutter:forester 1:2...
    Please post a screenshot of your Settlement when the game is available. I have different things happening with regards to cutter/forester and even some places cutter:forester 1:1 works splendid.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    notice very odd thing last night, the forrester was using a different storehouse to the woodcutter. he was spending over 2mins travel time. had to demolish it and move it. tried to work out what he was doing but it was late and I was tired

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I will do that. Although, it is a COMPLETE mess. I, uncarefully, slammed up a load of buildings, as to meet my requirements. Now, I pay. Greatly. I have lost track of what I need, and how much I can spare of each building. With my planks running low, it will be a costly and long affaire to try and get some order into it. While sidetracking copper production, so I can keep a fair amount of recruits spawning from my barracks, so exp will have a decent flow. I am following the discussion on whether to keep adding bowmen, as a 1 time cost. Or spend all my beer on recruits.
    I guess this is why the call it a strategy game...... Perhaps, I should have myself a proper strategy! (joking)

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    @Jools,
    Hmmm..... I could try and investigate that. I have always assumed, that it automatically used the closest possible. Same goes for storehouses.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    they definitely work a bit weird, I've got large tracts of land that they just seem to refuse to replant, have to study what's going on at some stage. also have seen wood cutter go walking past perfectly good trees to get to others further away.
    thought it was due to sector borders but it doesn't seem as simple as that

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I did a replant-mission yesterday. I paused all my cutters, and had the foresters work, with no cutters. All was almost replanted, but it got swiped so fast by the cutter. Much faster than to begin with. This, along with my horrible building plan, is a giant stress-factor, for future planning.
    Is there other ways to see what building you have in total? Counting by hand on the screen is a bit messy, when it comes to my settlement. DO I have a chase to see total buildings?

Reply to Thread