Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Endless Iron mines

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by EmperorScruffy View Post
    And if a player is prepared to pay 1000 EUR, why not? ... Most players won't buy it.
    If there is, then many wants get it. So the next step is to asking all the time, why so expensive, reevaluate. But anyway I'm not involved in this business, so I don't really care. Just IMO should make this game more sophisticated some else way.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by ttllady380 View Post
    why not bring out a steel ore mine?
    :-D If I'm well, than because steel is a special kind of iron. Or just be longer the chain to steel swords...

World
    Sandycove
    Because it gives them a seriously unfair advantage over the other players in the game, How good you are on a game shouldn't be determined by how big your bank account is. Just saying.
    http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/2...c4908a8em3.png

Need any Help? Just ask. I will try to help you as much as I can.

TSO Beginners Guide -- Important TSO Links -- TSO Help & Support.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Weblo View Post
    Because it gives them a seriously unfair advantage over the other players in the game, How good you are on a game shouldn't be determined by how big your bank account is. Just saying.
    Please explain how this will be a seriously unfair advantage, so people understand.

I currently own 2 level 5 iron mines, of which only 1 is in almost constant use. I obtain the iron deposits from adventures, and occasionally a cheap trade. It allows me to run 1 steel sword chain most of the time.

Owning an Endless Iron mine will allow me to do the exact same thing without getting deposits from adventures or trade. The only advantage this would give me is the ability to run 2 steel sword chains, or sell off the extra iron ore deposits. And I don't see that as a seriously unfair advantage that players would pay 40k Gems or whatever for.

World
    Sandycove
    That is the advantage. "the only advantage this would give me is the ability to run 2 steel sword chains, or sell off the extra iron ore deposits." You will be gaining profit from the mine without having to spend anything to make. I will re-phrase, if people were to spend '1000's of pounds' on Gems to spend on endless iron mines then that would be a unfair advantage but not if each player was only limited to one or two, which may be the case with the copper mines, I don't know, I haven't looked into it..but if it was the case in-which you are limited to the amount of them you can have then I completely agree with you emperor. But my main point is that the rest of us if you had as many of them as you want is that we would still be having to spend our GC on the desposits while the others get nothing but profit.

But yes I will say my point is only valid if you were aloud as many as you wanted, that is my opinion anyway, I didn't say you had to agree with it. If the BB's want to add a endless iron/gold or anything other then my say probably wouldn't matter as I do understand this game isn't cheap to run.
    Last edited by Weblo; 17.01.13 at 21:59.
    http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/2...c4908a8em3.png

Need any Help? Just ask. I will try to help you as much as I can.

TSO Beginners Guide -- Important TSO Links -- TSO Help & Support.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    It looks like the German servers already have this item if you buy a special starter pack, why can't we have the same? I think they call it an arctic iron mine, you can see it on the trade office when setting a price

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    The Arctic Iron Mine is possible loot from Nords 2, it isn't endless unfortunately. You can take a look at it here but again, it's not available on most servers, nor are a number of other things currently listed in the T.O. including Nords 2. Guide-Castles-and-Epic-Buildings-from-Adventure-Loot

World
    Newfoundland
    From what I understand the Arctic Iron Mine is a star building, when placed on an Iron deposit it builds at level 5 (so no need to upgrade).

This isn't included in the pack, however it is a drop from Invasion of the Nords (Nords 2) along with the Frozen Manor

Last edited by peck_ed; 26.03.13 at 14:45.
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    It should not be priced any more than the cooper mines. since the cooper mines have a limit.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by peck_ed View Post
    From what I understand the Arctic Iron Mine is a star building, when placed on an Iron deposit it builds at level 5 (so no need to upgrade).

This isn't included in the pack, however it is a drop from Invasion of the Nords (Nords 2) along with the Frozen Manor

but it says on TO we can ask to trade for these yet nobody has them and they will collapse if the mine run out of ore

Reply to Thread