Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Egg pricing

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    prices for gemstuff have been 4-5 for long time. A reason to buy eggs with gems should be higher than that profit. Thats why eggs is around 18gc = 6gc/gem

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Prices have now dropped, but with no new eggs to enter the market I don't think it can last long.

One interesting side note is to look at the valuations for special event items given by the Provision House...

1 egg = 1 coin
    1 present = 1 coin
    1 football = 2 coins (actual conversion is 5 footballs make 10 coins)
    1 pumpkin = 0.4 coins (actual conversion is 5 pumpkins make 2 coins)

These exchanges at the Provision House haven't changed since I've been playing the game, but they now seem completely out of whack with the actual prices these various items trade for. I wonder if BB should change the Provision House exchange rates to reflect the actual value of the items? It seems somewhat absurd that an egg can be worth 15-20 coins when trading but only 1 coin at the Provision House. Clearly no one in their right mind will be converting eggs to coins at that rate.

I've not tracked the prices for other events to do the comparison with the Provision House rates, but clearly BB thought the items had different values to start with. Just some thoughts.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    The Prov House conversion rates are the same across servers while Event Item prices vary wildly from realm to realm, I'm not sure that there is a good and general way to alter them but at one Coin per Egg etc. I'll not be converting them any time soon.

World
    Sandycove
    Even with a few more days to go, for me the event has finished, although watching the trade prices of eggs is a habit I'll now need to break .
    Great event for me thank you BB. Finished all four chain quests, despite starting my first DB half way through the third forgetting I would not be able to do an egg island search until I had finished DB, blonde moment and I'm not even blonde .
    Got the Vet, two experienced explorers ( despite them being more expensive in gem value than savage scouts, smart trading with eggs brought them in line, and they do have a feather in their hat for the extra cost ) one watermill and five floating houses, filled storage with both copper and iron ore early in the event through selling eggs at 1 egg/1ooo units.
    Average selling price of my eggs was around 22.4gc; average buying price around 16.5gc, best price for bought eggs was 9gc ( I saw better but apparently so did someone else! and they were faster ) Highest price for selling eggs was 25gc.
    Playing the market was fun, and in my case rewarding, but for entertainment value the banter in the trade tab from those unhappy at the market prices or not `being in control' of the said market was often hilarious, `toys were definately being thrown out of prams' on a regular basis

World
    Northisle
    The price of Easter Eggs has been higher than I expected, throughout this event. Higher than I would have liked, but more fairly priced than I had realized. When we begin to put our opinions aside and actually start to calculate the values within this game, the truth has a way of surfacing.

I have played this game for over a year without a Veteran General and only now, through calculation, am I able to see the tip of the iceberg of it's true value. All players know before getting the Vet that he will be an asset to them in battle, but until they see the resources saved per adventure, they can't comprehend the full benefit.

I have been able to start calculating the resource cost savings of using a Veteran vs a Regular General for each adventure. It's a slow process and not an easy one, but I believe the results will be worth the effort. If interested, see signature below.

Happy Settling!

~Just_n
    *Price Lists, Value Calculations, Adventure Guides, Helpful Links*

Join us on Forum Groups, Facebook and Google+

Reply to Thread