Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowlock View Post
    Dear BB,

I have to insist that you take the following actions:

1. Clear your cache
    2. Refresh
    If that doesn't fix the issue then try rebooting.

Whilst I am certain that none of the above will fix your issue, I am quite happy to give you my assurances that they will, in turn this should achieve 3 things:

a) Really, really, really annoy you, because it so obviously isn't going to fix it.
    b) Really, really, really annoy you because I am talking to you like a 4 year old.
    c) Give you some insight as to how your players feel when they contact your support desk.

On a side note and to make a serious point. Some dude over at BB made a long post talking about how you radically changed the Easter Event this year to add "game balance". Whilst I can certainly see that game balance is something you would strive for, and whilst I can see why some of the changes were desirable form a game-play point of view, it suggests that BB have forgotten some of the fundamentals of TSO.

You see, what was better about last years event and spotted eggs was THAT THEY WORKED. Yes i know that they didn't work the first time and it took you several events (years) to make it work properly but fundamentally the advantage of the spotted egg system was that it worked. i.e That you troubleshot the issues years ago and then just reran essentially the same event. Given your inability to write new code and/or deploy it properly have BB not made a fundamental error in judgement with deciding to change each and every event every year. Does this not condemn the players to have huge in play (no-play) issues for each event whilst you troubleshoot the new code?

Like I say I am not criticizing your desire to add game balance, however surely things would run much smoother if you only recognized your weaknesses and worked around them, rather than pretending they do not exist!

In short, it is very difficult to see where the "added game balance" justified the extra risks you took with the code that subsequently blew up in your face!
    Love your comment, and have had a hard time finding the game balance. I only played a short time so I was not here last year, but I hate that you would have to have played for years to get all the achievements, that is not game balance the way I see it.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    I understand problems crop up and I'm incredibly grateful that BB started to take notice and at least update the homepage so we could see when a problem occurred rather than the old days of ignoring the customer until we all went nuts! But I have to say this time I'm getting fed up. I'm sure BB will try to 'compensate' us by offering something that might be really useful for some players and totally worthless to others, but when people like me have timed their buffs to run out after maintenance is finished, on things that they wouldn't ever dream of leaving un-buffed because of the costs involved, no amount of compensation is going to cover what I and others are losing. Obviously you cant compensate on an individual basis but it's days like this I wonder why I play a game that seems to consistently get things wrong!

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by philm View Post
    My settlers will think that I don't care about them any more

They are plotting against you beware of the quiet ones lurking in the shadows lol

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    Later edit: And no, there are no big problems as far as we know. Just scripts taking longer than expected.
    could you please check the latin america servers... the maintanance finished there and now players can not play with initial zone errors...

not that the fun continues here after the servers started again...

World
    Sandycove
    im getting board waiting now been sitting here since 8am uk time ((

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    u guys are so funny! x

Keltica
    hahaha

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    I call it a day. Can you please send me an email when (if) the game comes back online? A small link to the /promotions URL with fancy reward might do well together with the notification.

P.S. Forgot to change my signature
    Remember, remember the 25/11? You should have seen what happened on 17/03, 14/04 and 21/04 ...
    29/09 seems to be a major problem...

Reply to Thread