Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP Desirable?

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle

PvP Desirable?

The threads that I read about PvP are actually more Guild versus Guild (GvG) system on some main island battling it out. I do agree it is a nice addition to the game I dont think this is really Settlers. It allways had a simple battle system which is not really suitable for this. To make it interesting it would need a big redesign on the game that would actually make it another game. Propably costly and not worth it for BB to make it. Causing them to pull the plug on the game what would be a shame for those enjoying it.

What I do think its possible to make which not to much effort is special adventures with instead off loot players they compete to finish the quest first. The first one gets the loot the others lose. Its not real PvP but in my opinion more in the line of the current settlers and a lot cheaper/easier to implement.

Other features I would like are:

Some kind of ranking system on adventures with some basic stats. Nr 1 is the person who finished the quest with the least number off losses showing generals used, troops used and lost, experienced gained and time it took them to finish the adventure.

A seperate (sub)Island with no resources, on it the mayor house and lots of space. The only purpose is to decorate it with with special buildings and stuff so when you gather stuff in the game you make it look better.

A lot off extra adventures for all levels specially 41+. Lower levels are still more busy building and tuning the production lines the higher level really dont have anything else to do then adventures...

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    -1 (yes neg not plus)

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    I agree with thevictim a bit, settlers always used to be more of a race against the opponent. Fun

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    I agree - the game simply isn't designed with PvP in mind and it basically means creating a whole new game to have it. As I've just posted elsewhere, I'd rather BB devoted the programming resources to creating more stuff for the game as it currently stands (particularly for the currently bored level 50 players) and forget about PvP.

Reply to Thread