Reply to Thread

Thread: We are working to resolve the problem.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle

We are working to resolve the problem.

When there is maintenance, anyone trying to register or log in to The Settlers Online is redirected to this page.
    http://www.thesettlersonline.com/en/maintenance

It quite clearly is a maintenance url, it says so right there. Why then do you report text such as :
    We regret that the connection to the "The Settlers Online" server failed.
    and
    Should the problem persist, please visit the homepage and the forum for more information.
    and
    We are working to resolve the problem.

I find this quite confusing, not just because it is misleading, but because from a sales and marketing perspective it is destroying the possability for any new contacts.

In my time zone maintenance is done during gaming prime time.
    Any new customers visiting the site, one day out of every seven will get a message which doesn't say, "we are patching a new release, please try back later", but instead says "ERROR BROKEN GO AWAY"

I suggest you take a look at this.

This post is meant to help improve the game.

EWiggin
    Nice Post Bigbelly.

BB aught to look at this and thank you in due course for pointing it out.

EW...

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    been trying to log in all day, but have been unsuccessful.. will this be taken into account once i could not log in for guild quest or event calendar ? Aristarkos

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    The system has been down for emergency maintenence due to problems with the event. Ravel has been posting in dedicated 'Kick off' threads, related to the event, but it should be up soon and fixed (fingers crossed). The event is then, just starting (latest update indicating the first two doors on the calendar will be openable), and no one was able to log in for guild quest (so your fellow guildies are all in the same boat).

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    [QUOTEWe regret that the connection to the "The Settlers Online" server failed.
    and
    Should the problem persist, please visit the homepage and the forum for more information.
    and
    We are working to resolve the problem.[/QUOTE]

+1 I think it says this with all the maintenance`s? they should change it as you say to what they are doing... "due to maintenance" it cannot be that hard for them to program...? but idk :S

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    On the websites I've worked with, being able to change corporate and/or system messages requires permission of at least 12 World Leaders, in addition to a panel of 75 advertising executives and other must-haves.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think a spot where they could put an ETA for when it's due back up would help and to actually commit to giving a reasonable time frame. It makes a huge difference knowing whether to keep trying every 10 minutes or know to go do something else for a few hours.

Reply to Thread