Reply to Thread

Thread: Delegate Building

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove

Delegate Building

Automated buffing system

A Delegate Building can be preloaded with buffs simply by dropping buffs onto it. The buff types and number of buildings it is capable of
    automatically buffing is determined by its level. There is a penalty of 50% duration for any buff this building uses. Clicking on the
    Delegate Building allows you to assign buffs to production buildings listed within its own interface. To have a production building
    listed you simply mark buildings from your island using "Delegate Marker" buffs made from the provision house which cost gold coins.

The new Irma Feast buffs have reduced friendly buffing a great deal, and I realize this building may be the last nail in the coffin but
    it can give substance. There would be more contrast now as many players would use the building and would then appreciate even more the
    buffs coming from friends as it would be double the duration compared to using the Delegate Building.

A lot of new strategies could appear. Fish platters could be key players now if combined with a lot of Fishfarms. A player could set up a
    system where all schools are buffed and even a cheese sandwich placed on mayors house when they are in people production mode. A lot of
    those odd buffs the lucky explorers bring back can now be utilized. For example, Many players have a large stock of Harvest Rituals and
    Helpful Scarecrows in star menu. if a player wishes to go low quantity buildings but high tech (level 6), they may only have an 8 farm
    system knowing they can switch on the Delegate Building for a week when they need to recoup wheat from a long Brew usage run.

Many players would be adjusting their automated buffing setups just as often as they move, create and adjust buildings on their islands,
    so it would be strongly suggested that gold coin is used to make the delegate marker buffs to help its runaway value.

I understand some of the side effects that can come with implementing this but there's always a way. Perhaps this building is listed
    under Expert type and is only available to level 48's or 50's. Many players coming up in the ranks enjoy squeezing every drop of
    production they can by manually placing buffs so they can expand. After a year or so many have grown tired of such an activity. One of my
    best memories of this game was slowly replacing water wells and wheat fields with watermills and silos. This progression to full
    automation is one of the most enjoyable and concrete parts of the game. I think having this kind of building in the game could then allow
    the developers to perhaps bring a new kind of micromanagment aspect to the game without overloading the players.

Placing limitatons on this building could generate some fun. If each level of this building allowed an additional "type" then I would
    have to be careful in my selections as Bookbinder would use up 1 of the 5 (building level) maximum campaigns. Also if each of the 5
    buffing campaigns each have their own building quantity capacity then I may have to combine a couple in order to cover all of my mines or
    smelters etc. It could be kept very simple but give players a variety of choices to play on. Even if the maximum number of buildings it
    could buff at level 5 was small at let's say 12, it could automate those odd buildings here and there which would then allow us to focus
    on the larger manual buffing runs.

Because a Delegate Building has a limit as to how many buffs/types it can store, it will eventually run out. Some players will top it off
    each day, others may let it run dry for situational reasons. Either way, I think the fact that this building automatically self buffs
    ones island, a player can then load it up with enough buffs so it prevents their island from going to sleep when they go on vacation for
    a week or so. Since it can only hold so many buffs, it will in fact run out which will then satisfy island sleeping in case a high level
    player decides to take a break from game and therefore reduces server usage.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Can you explain what you mean by buffing campaigns in more detail please? Also as far as I was aware it's buffing another players island which reawakens it or at least resets the time inactive before putting island to sleep, do we know for a fact if a active buff keeps your island awake as I have not heard of this.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread