Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Easter Event 2015

World
    Newfoundland
    you may want to read the dev diary about the maintenance we had. yes, quest chains have been cancelled, but you should have gotten the achievements necessary and also some eggs in the mail
    http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...l=1#post277944

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by MCLueppers View Post
    I lost count on the emergency and IT infrastructure maintenances during the event - 3 or 4 so far. And as it happens even the removal phase can't go without issue. I think it's time someone to take their act together or look for a different job...
    the IT infrastructure maintenances has nothing to do with the easter event ...
    Retired settler, may 2012 - oktober 2017

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    There would only be a need for news if all explorers failed to return with eggs when they were sent out before event end, since this is not the case there is no need for news.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    There would only be a need for news if all explorers failed to return with eggs when they were sent out before event end, since this is not the case there is no need for news.
    The fast explorers I sent out before the end of the event failed to return with eggs, I am still waiting for the slow ones. A friend in my Guild had 18 explorers fail to return with eggs today even though they were sent out before the end of the event.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by matie2506 View Post
    the IT infrastructure maintenances has nothing to do with the easter event ...
    I think it's annoying to deal with outages during a time limited event.

Important in this case is the message BB sent - they'll do everything to keep their players busy and online implementing wonders that surprise even the creators. (I wonder where the QA team was)
    Remember, remember the 25/11? You should have seen what happened on 17/03, 14/04 and 21/04 ...
    29/09 seems to be a major problem...

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Zotamedu View Post
    The fast explorers I sent out before the end of the event failed to return with eggs, I am still waiting for the slow ones. A friend in my Guild had 18 explorers fail to return with eggs today even though they were sent out before the end of the event.
    According to the Dev Diary, "Searches that were started before Removal Phase I still have the chance to provide Stripy eggs".

What Dorotheus is trying to say is that he got eggs back from searches as described in the Dev Diary. So did I. In fact, more of my explorers did than not. Just because you did not get any does not mean that the Dev Diary was wrong. However improbable it is that none of your explorers brought back any eggs, it is statistically possible... because each of them also had a chance to NOT bring back eggs.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    So there is anyone who send out explorers after maintenance and before removal I (9am bst) and got some eggs? I'm not.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Last event mission... Did the first part... Second part send out explorers and find eggs... Explorers already out enough to do the mission, explorers get back "No eggs", one left out, send out again.

One day left on the most of my explorers and they remove the mission!!!

While in downtime my one out explorer comes back... Server back up check mail... "No eggs"...

So there was no possible way to complete this mission [ removed ] , is this a joke... In the end I found the easter mission dull very dull and a waste of time...

Not a happy bunny ¬¬

Hello Gothec,

Please don't use inappropriate language on the forums.

Thank you,
    Fexno
    Last edited by Fexno; 09.04.15 at 10:34.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    As far as I can tell from information provided here and from chatting in-game, those who had the sub-quest "Find 50 eggs from very long search" all had no explorers return with any eggs.

Myself, I had 13 explorers all fail.
    Friend of Zotamedu had 18 all fail.
    Many others had 10+ all fail.

Those I know who did have explorers bring back eggs after maintenance all had different 5th quest line.

That is beyond bad chance statistics and, based against a surmised set of calls to a k-distributed mersenne twister infers the output to be the result of programming rather than random chance.

Others, who had different 5th quest line, finished theirs easily, got the 40 eggs for each part and the 100 (120?) for the chain then got rewarded again with the 160 eggs like those who had their quest line nerfed.

Surely BB should be doing like they did with the 'programming loop-hole' storehouses...

They should demand all eggs from that final 'iffy' Easter quest line back and threaten players with account banning.
    Those players did take advantage of a game glitch they knew wasn't meant to exist.

Blame the players, not the programmers... it is what we expect, lol
    Last edited by Tripi; 09.04.15 at 10:43.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripi View Post
    They should demand all eggs from that final 'iffy' Easter quest line back and threaten players with account banning.
    Those players did take advantage of a game glitch they knew wasn't meant to exist.

Blame the players, not the programmers... it is what we expect, lol
    I see a mail coming: Dear Player, we pooped our pants and let you do one additional quest chain because of a script that didn't work as expected. We recognize the fact that all this was beyond your control still we're going to ban you if you don't give back the obtained eggs. Any attempt to "hide" the eggs will result in an additional ban.
    Remember, remember the 25/11? You should have seen what happened on 17/03, 14/04 and 21/04 ...
    29/09 seems to be a major problem...

Reply to Thread